New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Just got the plates after 6 weeks.
    I'm on day 45 (per the Tempus Calendar) with no sign of the plate number.

Last fuel up gave me 10.9km/L in a mix city and highway driving. I'm trying Shell unleaded now since my first few tank ups were with Petron (Xtra Unleaded).

I also went in for the 1,000km service at Toyota Shaw last week and was charged P 1,500+ for the oil, filter, misc. plus VAT. Dropped it on my way to work and went back lunch time. I also had to tell the SA to not have the car washed after since the CASA car washes can be ugly to your finish (especially if your car is black).

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    went to Toyota Global City last friday to check the pretty and ***y sales agents, este Corolla pala. was planning to check the 1.6V but the sales agent wasnt really helpful since she's not familiar with the car. she didnt know the difference from each model. kailangan mag base sa catalog.

but maganda nga yung corolla.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    went to Toyota Global City last friday to check the pretty and ***y sales agents, este Corolla pala. was planning to check the 1.6V but the sales agent wasnt really helpful since she's not familiar with the car. she didnt know the difference from each model. kailangan mag base sa catalog.

but maganda nga yung corolla.
    Ok lang yan. Basta maganda yung... kotse?

When i was a kid, my dad and his friends would always buy their Lancers from a certain Mitsu dealer (Union Motors i think) all because of the sales ladies. :D

On a side note, Toyota uses 20W-40 oil as standard. I hope to see my FC improve even just a bit once i shift to non-CASA oils later on (maybe 10W-40). Once i get hold of a good aftermarket oil filter like the Baldwins and match it with fully synth oil, i'll try to extend the drain interval to 10K.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update on the FC:
    - 13.20km/L
    - mix highway and city driving; first time to use Shell regular unleaded and it seems to respond better in terms of FC as against the Petron Xtra. I tried Shell Premium on my tank up last night and will observe and differences.
    - car now has 1,500km on the odo.

I also observed that if i can do 150kms per quarter tank reading on the fuel gauge, my FC will be at around 13km/L.
    Last edited by vinj; May 7th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Update on the FC:
    - 13.20km/L
    - mix highway and city driving; first time to use Shell regular unleaded and it seems to respond better in terms of FC as against the Petron Xtra. I tried Shell Premium on my tank up last night and will observe and differences.
    - car now has 1,500km on the odo.

I also observed that if i can do 150kms per quarter tank reading on the fuel gauge, my FC will be at around 13km/L.
    Grr Vinj, basing on your posts medyo nacoconvince ako to get a 10th gen over an [H] :hysterical:

Mahal kasi masyado yung G MT, eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Grr Vinj, basing on your posts medyo nacoconvince ako to get a 10th gen over an [H] :hysterical:

Mahal kasi masyado yung G MT, eh.
    The H... (Hyundai? :grin ) will still handle better but overall, especially if price is a factor, i'd get the 2.0V Altis over the current Civic talaga. I feel shortchanged with what my sister got after i test drove her 2012 Civic.

Matagal yung 1.6V rims na inaabang ko... but i chanced upon a good deal on something else so i may just go for it for the meantime.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No, not a 2012 Civic. Just a GM City, which I really liked since the first time I drove it last year. I'm contemplating on whether I should give up another 100k for an Altis G or get the car that I want instead.

I`ll see. But your posts are really convincing, especially the 13km/L FC.

Space is not a big factor since I`ll be driving it myself most of the time. I just want a trunk, that's all...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ang tipid talaga ng 1ZR-FE. I wonder why the 3ZR-FE is nowhere as efficient.

Akala ko dati, matitipid lang talaga lahat ng bagong engine ngayon, until I found out that a lot of minicar owners had just around 10 km/L with AT versions of their cars in the city. The Altis 1.6V can almost match that, and still be way more comfortable.

The 2.0 version, though, different story talaga. Are there any pre-facelift 2.0V owners here? Mind sharing your FC?
    Nakakainggit yung mga facelift 2.0V na naka-CVT eh, normal yung 8 km/L sa city, kaya pa 9. May nabasa na rin ako na kaya 10, but I dunno if that's really city driving with moderate traffic or city nga, pero nasa 60-80 naman yung takbo.

I always felt that the biggest mechanical letdown of our Altis was the old 4-AT, I just didn't imagine that not only does replacing it with a CVT result in better acceleration and responsiveness, but also significantly better fuel economy.
    Last edited by jut703; May 7th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sana nga ginawa nalang nila 5 speed AT yung G & V e...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    No, not a 2012 Civic. Just a GM City, which I really liked since the first time I drove it last year. I'm contemplating on whether I should give up another 100k for an Altis G or get the car that I want instead.

I`ll see. But your posts are really convincing, especially the 13km/L FC.

Space is not a big factor since I`ll be driving it myself most of the time. I just want a trunk, that's all...
    Take note though that the 13km/L i got is mixed city and highway; and in this case, the city driving traffic i encountered when i used the car last week was not the usual salbahe bad traffic. 10km/L would probably still be the norm if i was driving in pure city traffic.

The City is a good car if you're getting the 1.3 m/t. Easy to drive, nimble and my only gripe was the clunky suspension (when it hits bad potholes) and the power door locks having no switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ang tipid talaga ng 1ZR-FE. I wonder why the 3ZR-FE is nowhere as efficient.

Akala ko dati, matitipid lang talaga lahat ng bagong engine ngayon, until I found out that a lot of minicar owners had just around 10 km/L with AT versions of their cars in the city. The Altis 1.6V can almost match that, and still be way more comfortable.

The 2.0 version, though, different story talaga. Are there any pre-facelift 2.0V owners here? Mind sharing your FC?
    Nakakainggit yung mga facelift 2.0V na naka-CVT eh, normal yung 8 km/L sa city, kaya pa 9. May nabasa na rin ako na kaya 10, but I dunno if that's really city driving with moderate traffic or city nga, pero nasa 60-80 naman yung takbo.

I always felt that the biggest mechanical letdown of our Altis was the old 4-AT, I just didn't imagine that not only does replacing it with a CVT result in better acceleration and responsiveness, but also significantly better fuel economy.
    More efficient gearing is a big factor, especially in traffic where close ratios help overcome the weight easily in the low gears IMO. I was quite disappointed when Toyota first released the 10th gen using the old engine and transmission. If it were not for the new engine and 6-speed in the 10.5 gen, i probably would have gotten something else.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]