New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 89 of 357 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I don't like the " Auto climate control " . If put in auto, there are times it will go out of recirculate mode and suddenly allow outside air in. What I do is, to set it manually that way it wouldn't be doing things that its not supposed to do.

I agree with cjv, the aircon is really strong and cools the cabin more than adequate.
    yeah I agree din with the ACC... its too "controlling", hehe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ako naman always automatic ang AC, and almost always at 28 degrees except sa tanghaling tapat or nabilad sa araw. Kapag ganon set muna at 25 magma maximum yung blower for a few minutes then minimum kapag na about na yung temp. Di ko pa na try yung set at 21, subukan ko din baka mas effective yon. No unpleasant odor yet, although there is a different smell when you turn off the AC and leave the blower on. Ginagawa ko to minsan pag malapit na sa destination, off the AC and maximum blower, presumably to dry out the moisture inside.

Also did the 15k check up a month ago, currently at 16k mileage, one year last Apr. 16. Expected to increase mileage to 22-30k a year because of the longer distance to work.

Some issues pending so far:
    1. The pillar trim rattle is still there
    2. Squeaking on the steering wheel column
    3. Trunk lid opener in the driver's side not working intermittently
    4. There is now a soft kalampag in the rear suspension area in uneven road surfaces

These are all to be scheduled for check up and repair (will claim under warranty), hard to find timing as the car is a daily driver.
    FC is at 12-13+ km/li, using full tank measurement, though the computer FC does not vary by more than 1km/li. Estimated 70/30 highway/city driving.

Aside from these, performance is still great and very happy with the car.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Same here sir loverlionus lagi rin sa 28 temp ng aircon dahil sa lamig hehe.sir anong fuel po gamit nyo?thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Good Evening sa mga owners ng Corolla/Altis, i just want to say na maganda ang Altis, I've drive one kanina, yung sa friend ko, i thinko yung 1.6E yun, may power locks at windows, pero wala lang alarm. Being a corolla owner before(Lovelife version) masasabi ko iba na yung bago ngayon, kahit 1.6 engine napagka bilis.hehe.
    Plano ko kumuha ng isa baka next year or pagkatapos ko mabayaran yun Starex.
    Anu pa ba pwede niyo i pang encourage para kumuha ako ng Altis?hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    Good Evening sa mga owners ng Corolla/Altis, i just want to say na maganda ang Altis, I've drive one kanina, yung sa friend ko, i thinko yung 1.6E yun, may power locks at windows, pero wala lang alarm. Being a corolla owner before(Lovelife version) masasabi ko iba na yung bago ngayon, kahit 1.6 engine napagka bilis.hehe.
    Plano ko kumuha ng isa baka next year or pagkatapos ko mabayaran yun Starex.
    Anu pa ba pwede niyo i pang encourage para kumuha ako ng Altis?hehe
    Kasi gusto mo.

Seriously, kung ayaw mo yung sasakyan kahit na sabihin ko lahat ng good sides nung kotse na yun aayawan mo pa rin kasi ayaw mo nga. :hysterical:

Pero kung gusto mo, at instinct mo talaga na bumili ng isa. Follow it & go get one. All the good sides I will tell will seem irrelevant na kasi iba pa rin yung sinasabi dito sa forums vs. sa first hand experience talaga.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Kasi gusto mo.

Seriously, kung ayaw mo yung sasakyan kahit na sabihin ko lahat ng good sides nung kotse na yun aayawan mo pa rin kasi ayaw mo nga. :hysterical:

Pero kung gusto mo, at instinct mo talaga na bumili ng isa. Follow it & go get one. All the good sides I will tell will seem irrelevant na kasi iba pa rin yung sinasabi dito sa forums vs. sa first hand experience talaga.
    Haha, sige sir pero ito kasi nasa first place sa pinagpipilian ko sa Sedan, nakakapagod mg drive ng Van na malapad.
    Pero maghahanap din muna ako ng alternatives. Hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Elantra is okay, price-wise it's really a bang for the buck vehicle.

Kaya lang mamimili ka talaga ng dealer para yung after sales service & support eh maganda.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    Yeah actually aside from recommended replacement of the air filter, the aircon is also due for cleaning. The SA told me I'll have to leave my car for 3 days for that (the hell I am!!!). Now I'm seriously thinking of ditching the casa service next time...
    Nice. 3 days for the aircon filter replacement

Just scheduling my car for the 1K service already is hassle enough for me. I called Toyota San Fernando last week to do it over the weekend when i go visit my in-laws and they were booked so now i'll just drop it off and have it done during office hours or maybe i'll try Toyota Marikina next weekend (At least there you can see the service bays).

Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    yeah I agree din with the ACC... its too "controlling", hehe.
    Kaya dapat 1.6E nalang kinuha mo; manual a/c. Hehehe.

Signs that i'm getting older: I test drove my sister's new Civic 1.8 over the weekend and for first time in history, i preferred the soft ride and clean interior design of the Altis over the driver "feel" (but stiffer handling) of the Civic. The cluttered dash gauges of the new Civic was too bit busy looking as well but I like the multi-info of the Civic along with the integrated back-up camera and smaller steering diameter. Definitely i'd get the 2.0L Altis CVT over this.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ... If put in auto, there are times it will go out of recirculate mode and suddenly allow outside air in....
    There might be something wrong with the AC. The Auto function supposedly would just control the fan speed, vent direction, and the engagement of the compressor clutch and not the recirculation/fresh air modes. Or meron bang iba with the same experience? Never experienced this with my unit, so far...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just got the plates after 6 weeks.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]