New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 88 of 357 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax View Post
    Mga sir, may naka experience ba sa inyo ng pumping sound when pressing the brake pedal? I'm driving a 2011 altis 1.6V. I just finished my 5,000 km check up and they told me that sound is just normal... somehow parang hindi ako convinced, what do you think guys?
    Another thing... does the 1.6V don't have any power steering reservoir since it is already on EPS. I'm comparing it with Innova EPS which have a reservoir for power steering. Thanks..
    normal lang yung sound na yun sir. EPS's don't have the reservoir. Either the innova's reservoir is for another type of fluid or it's not EPS at all. Or I may be wrong altogether

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    according to these specs, the innova seems to have the traditional hydraulic power steering and not EPS, hence the presence of the power-steering reservoir.

Toyota - Innova

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Just had my 15,000 km check-up at TAI... cost me P2,068. Using regular oil only.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I get a lone pumping sound when the car just starts and i start to move; sounds normal to me (seems like the EPS as well).

I'm going in for my 1K service this weekend or next week at the latest. 2K+ for a CASA service stop is quite good. The 20K will probably cost more as the air filters and some stuff will need replacement AFAIK.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I get a lone pumping sound when the car just starts and i start to move; sounds normal to me (seems like the EPS as well).

I'm going in for my 1K service this weekend or next week at the latest. 2K+ for a CASA service stop is quite good. The 20K will probably cost more as the air filters and some stuff will need replacement AFAIK.
    Yeah actually aside from recommended replacement of the air filter, the aircon is also due for cleaning. The SA told me I'll have to leave my car for 3 days for that (the hell I am!!!). Now I'm seriously thinking of ditching the casa service next time...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sir cjv_justice,15k kms palang mileage nyo due for aircon cleaning na daw po agad?parang ang bilis sir,me pagbbago po ba sa aircon nyo since nung bago?thanks

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    do you smell something unusual coming out the AC... usually we smell sa unang buga ng aircon.. some of my friends are experiencing it too...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fan niyo muna, then saka niyo lagyan ng lamig after 30 seconds.

Ganyan din minsan sa FD, eh.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    Sir cjv_justice,15k kms palang mileage nyo due for aircon cleaning na daw po agad?parang ang bilis sir,me pagbbago po ba sa aircon nyo since nung bago?thanks
    its actually for the 20,000 kms check up sir. pero even so tingin ko rin maaga pa for aircon cleaning. wala naman pagbabago sa aircon. for the record, ang lamig ng aircon nitong Altis na 'to kahit na tirik ang araw at naka bilad yung oto mabilis lumamig interior... ever since hindi ko na kelangan i-turn up yung fan, up to 2nd bar lang lagi, yung thermo naka 21 degrees pa.

Quote Originally Posted by jmax View Post
    do you smell something unusual coming out the AC... usually we smell sa unang buga ng aircon.. some of my friends are experiencing it too...
    try doing renzo's suggestion... unang buga niya bantot then tsaka buksan yung A/C... try niyo palitan yung cabin/pollen filter niya with either CaireFresh or Torque brand, I have the former on my FD no bad smell ever... dito sa Altis di ko pa napalitan wala naman ako na-encounter unpleasant odor...

HTH

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't like the " Auto climate control " . If put in auto, there are times it will go out of recirculate mode and suddenly allow outside air in. What I do is, to set it manually that way it wouldn't be doing things that its not supposed to do.

I agree with cjv, the aircon is really strong and cools the cabin more than adequate.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]