New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 357 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    naisip ko rin yun 2.0V, pero hindi ata gagawin ng toyota tulad ng nabasa ko ginawa dati ng mitsubishi lancer promo; 6 digit price discount and/or speedlab kits. for 1.1M and up, makes more sense to me buy Pickup truck nalang.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ^ thanks. based on my excellent experience with our 2003 1-8g, i expect maganda parin mag cruise itong dual vvti 1.6L 2.5-2.7K rpm at 100kph. the excellent part is the super.ect. it can hold the revs kahit pa 6-7k bago mag shift.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt View Post
    naisip ko rin yun 2.0V, pero hindi ata gagawin ng toyota tulad ng nabasa ko ginawa dati ng mitsubishi lancer promo; 6 digit price discount and/or speedlab kits. for 1.1M and up, makes more sense to me buy Pickup truck nalang.
    Yun lang. Or might as well buy a Camry for about the same price range (because of the 150-250k discount being offered)

Oh well. The 1.6L Altis should be economical enough as long as you don't really push its limits. ;) Invest on good tint, so that you don't have to stress your aircon.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'm doing 2,300 to 2,500 rpms while keeping a 100kph speed at the Skyway.

Regarding your previous post on the difference betwwen the G & V, the Engine Start-Stop button.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yun lang. Or might as well buy a Camry for about the same price range (because of the 150-250k discount being offered)

Oh well. The 1.6L Altis should be economical enough as long as you don't really push its limits. ;) Invest on good tint, so that you don't have to stress your aircon.
    whooa! 200K discount. is this an outgoing model.
    i thought wala tatalo dun sa Speedlab promo ng lancer, hindi naman kami nag mamadali pero nag hahanap din ng good deals or promo.
    usual tint namin is visibility 35% either 3m.bc or solargard quantum. kahit ano pa kulay ng kotse laging ganun. i am old and have thick glasses pero no problem highway night driving with this tint. It helps pa nga to cut the hi-beam glare of oncoming vehicles.

start-stop button/smartkey; sympre kailngan malakas battery both ng car at smartkey pero followup question, may reliability issues ba . i dont really have an idea.

but mas concern ko pa realiablity nung drive by wire at Electrical PS. magkano kaya ito if masira after 4-5 years.

sya nga pala. may binibigay ba ang dealership cost of maintenance for 10,20 ... 50k kms PMS. yun may price na.
    3 taon na ako hindi pumapasok sa casa (2nd owner kami ng altis namin).

at unlike cubao and manila bay, meron bang casa na Hindi nag lalagay ng fuel booster, oil additives kahit synthetic oil gamit, premium priced engine detailing with armorall and other crap s%^t.

thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt View Post
    just backread at page 60s, 100kph at 2500rpm daw ang 1.6E. (hope ko pwde 2000-2300 rpm)

our 2003 1.8G does 2500rpm at 100kph cruising din.
    with the 1.6L-AT dual vvti engines sana lower ang rpm (kahit 100 lang) pag naka cruise at 100kph?
    Just checked today, our gen 10.5 (dual vvti) 1.6G matic did maintained cruising 100kph with 2400rpm. At times, needle was just below the 2400rpm mark. Though this was with fully loaded passengers and trunk load.

Our unit is 16k in the odometer, all stock, regular casa engine oil (6tkm old, already due for oil change), using pure Petron Xtra (93 octane).

Will see if how low the rpm could go without load of passengers and luggages.
    Last edited by Autobeat; April 8th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    Just checked today, our gen 10.5 (dual vvti) 1.6G matic did maintained cruising 100kph with 2400rpm. At times, needle was just below the 2400rpm mark. Though this was with fully loaded passengers and trunk load.

Our unit is 16k in the odometer, all stock, regular casa engine oil (6tkm old, already due for oil change), using pure Petron Xtra (93 octane).

Will see if rpm goes any lower without passengers and trunk load.
    your car's just ahead of me in the odometer reading, hehe... 15,320. due narin ako for PMS...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    thanks vinj

cograts on your mods btw

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    thanks vinj

cograts on your mods btw
    hehe... Thanks. I'm just adding two major items items and i'm done with the mods (upgrade on the rims and maybe LPG later on). Detailing mode lang ako.

I came from Tagaytay late last night and i observed the rpm closely, it's 2.6Krpm at 100kph and 3K rpm between 115-120kph in 6th gear. Big improvement on the older 5speed is the mid-range pick-up on speed; no need for much downshifting when you need more acceleration to pass.

Second full tank fuel consumption: 13.9km/L

This consisted of a run on NLEX, some traffic in Pampanga, then SLEX with a steep climb up Tagaytay Highlands from Tagaytay Midlands/Batino. Then a run home via Tagaytay - Sta. Rosa road SLEX - C5. Highest speed its done was around 140kph (roughly 3.8K rpm at 6th). Mileage now is 700kms so i'll be due for my 1000km service soon just as well.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Mga sir, may naka experience ba sa inyo ng pumping sound when pressing the brake pedal? I'm driving a 2011 altis 1.6V. I just finished my 5,000 km check up and they told me that sound is just normal... somehow parang hindi ako convinced, what do you think guys?
    Another thing... does the 1.6V don't have any power steering reservoir since it is already on EPS. I'm comparing it with Innova EPS which have a reservoir for power steering. Thanks..

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]