New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 78 of 357 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    quick question lang po.
    Sa 10k pms ba need talaga brake cleaning or kahit wag na yun?scheduled kasi ako ngayon for pms e para kung di naman necessary,d ko na isama un.
    If you're sporting 4 disc brakes, it's not required since the brake dusts are easily expelled. But if you have drum brakes, better to have it cleaned because the brake dust accumulates inside the drum. If not cleaned regularly, you'll have less braking power in the rear.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi guys, quick question, for those of you who replaced your tires already (especially those with 205/55R16 wheels, V variant owners), what make and model did you replace the stock Dunlop SP Sport 01's with?

Looking to replace mine, as one developed a bump due to vulcanizing, while the other developed a tear. Both at the sidewalls.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi sir jut703,if youll be raplacing only two tingin ko po maganda same brand model na din para uniform.if apat po kelangan nyo palitan,ok din mag try ibang brand same size

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hi guys, quick question, for those of you who replaced your tires already (especially those with 205/55R16 wheels, V variant owners), what make and model did you replace the stock Dunlop SP Sport 01's with?

Looking to replace mine, as one developed a bump due to vulcanizing, while the other developed a tear. Both at the sidewalls.

sir gaano katagal na yang st0ck tires before nakita yung bump and tear?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    Hi sir jut703,if youll be raplacing only two tingin ko po maganda same brand model na din para uniform.if apat po kelangan nyo palitan,ok din mag try ibang brand same size
    I've recently replaced my front tires from Dunlop SP Sport 01s to LM703s, and I'm not entirely happy with my decision. One of them developed a bump, less than a week after being installed. I'll be having that replaced under warranty, but I don't think I want my rear tires to be LM703's as well, which is why I'm looking at other possible alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    sir gaano katagal na yang st0ck tires before nakita yung bump and tear?
    Around 30,000 KM. I'm at 45,000 KM now, the car's 2.5 years old.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the stock bridgestone turanzas on my 1.6G are holding up quite well. my altis just reached 50,000kms today. I have had several gut wrenching pothole encounters the past 2 years. I rotated the tires every 10k kms including the spare. I think it can go for 30k kms more before I buy a new set.

question lang, does anyone know which brand/model of tires is the quietest? thanks.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Turanzas are rather expensive. I just called DKC, and for a 205/55R16 piece, it's at 6k.

question lang, does anyone know which brand/model of tires is the quietest? thanks.
    The Yokohama dBs are quiet, but they're apparently appalling at the limits of grip. I guess for city driving, that won't matter.
    Why not try the Yokohama C.Drive? A bit pricy though, I'm assuming somewhere around 6k a piece, since the A.Drives are at 4.9k.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    after my 10k pms sa toyota abad santos nagkaroon ng "tok" sound everytime na apakan ko yung brake...ano kaya problem nun dati wala naman e...possible kayang di nahigpitan yung caliper after brake cleaning?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    by the way, kapag binalik ko ba yung car sa abad santos e ichacharge na naman nila ko for labor?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Have them check it again. I don't think they will charge you for it as it seems to be a back job.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]