New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 357 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Just is to serve as warning to anybody who deals with Dexter Ulip of Toyota Bicutan.

I contacted this guy based on the glowing review by spencersy. This was around the time (april to may) when supplies of vehicles were beginning to constrict due to the earthquake/tsunami in Japan last mar. 2011. We (me and Ulip) had negotiations. Afterward, I had him put everything down in writing and even noting the applicable promos of Toyota that I was eligible for (ie. loyalty award, unit discounts, etc). After, I made arrangements with the bank branch that I deal with , to send in a P.O. to bicutan. Ulip made me wait for several weeks for a unit, only to offer me a unit that was not to my liking (different engine, color, variant, etc...). Maybe he probably got tired of me following up after him constantly. All throughout, He never once gave me an update on the status of my unit. Deadma lang siya.

Resigned and weary from all the waiting, I thought of just getting that same unit (that was not what I ordrered) he offered. Then suddenly he mentions that he cannot release the unit bec. the bank branch (same bank that owns 50%+ in Toyota Phils.) is giving bicutan a very small (in their view) "D.I." <dealer's incentive-the dealers cut in the loan-in % of the interest>. When I insisted that their tit for tat with the bank and his dealer should not involve me, he reluctantly agreed to push through with the deal to the extent of even portraying himself as martyr who will have to sacrifice his commission just to see through our agreement we made in writing.

But he was not sincere in his martyr act, since he tried to recoup the costs by claiming that certain discounts are not longer applicable due to the delay in getting the unit. Funny thing is, its Toyota Phils that cannot deliver me a unit and yet this Ulip and his cahoots at Bicutan are claiming that discounts and promos will have to be reduced because the promo period "expired". Also the solex spare tire lock that he agreed to give for free, he tried to pull a fast one on me by recouping the cost by saying the applicable loyalty discount to me (fr 10,000) has now been reduced to 5,000 only.

Tired but not desperate, I pulled out my P.O. from him and his useless Bicutan dealer.

Dexter, by true to your words. If you cannot deliver what you promise (esp in writing), you got to let your clients know that fact early on. They will appreciate that. Don't waste their time. They don't want to be fed with false hopes.
    Hi

Sorry to here about your experience with him tou i have nothing to gain but just sharing my past sales history with him
    for i have not experience these things that you mentioned in fact i have been dealing with him for the past 4 years with around 3
    sales transactions and so far so good anyway i think what you shared was an isolated case but you have a point that he should
    informed customers like us for feedback.

Anyway its better for all of us to canvas first in order to get the best deal.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Just is to serve as warning to anybody who deals with Dexter Ulip of Toyota Bicutan.

I contacted this guy based on the glowing review by spencersy. This was around the time (april to may) when supplies of vehicles were beginning to constrict due to the earthquake/tsunami in Japan last mar. 2011. We (me and Ulip) had negotiations. Afterward, I had him put everything down in writing and even noting the applicable promos of Toyota that I was eligible for (ie. loyalty award, unit discounts, etc). After, I made arrangements with the bank branch that I deal with , to send in a P.O. to bicutan. Ulip made me wait for several weeks for a unit, only to offer me a unit that was not to my liking (different engine, color, variant, etc...). Maybe he probably got tired of me following up after him constantly. All throughout, He never once gave me an update on the status of my unit. Deadma lang siya.

Resigned and weary from all the waiting, I thought of just getting that same unit (that was not what I ordrered) he offered. Then suddenly he mentions that he cannot release the unit bec. the bank branch (same bank that owns 50%+ in Toyota Phils.) is giving bicutan a very small (in their view) "D.I." <dealer's incentive-the dealers cut in the loan-in % of the interest>. When I insisted that their tit for tat with the bank and his dealer should not involve me, he reluctantly agreed to push through with the deal to the extent of even portraying himself as martyr who will have to sacrifice his commission just to see through our agreement we made in writing.

But he was not sincere in his martyr act, since he tried to recoup the costs by claiming that certain discounts are not longer applicable due to the delay in getting the unit. Funny thing is, its Toyota Phils that cannot deliver me a unit and yet this Ulip and his cahoots at Bicutan are claiming that discounts and promos will have to be reduced because the promo period "expired". Also the solex spare tire lock that he agreed to give for free, he tried to pull a fast one on me by recouping the cost by saying the applicable loyalty discount to me (fr 10,000) has now been reduced to 5,000 only.

Tired but not desperate, I pulled out my P.O. from him and his useless Bicutan dealer.

Dexter, by true to your words. If you cannot deliver what you promise (esp in writing), you got to let your clients know that fact early on. They will appreciate that. Don't waste their time. They don't want to be fed with false hopes.
    Same scenario here with toyota quezon avenue.....but finally i will get my altis G this coming week....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My first post here. I also had a very hard time looking for a unit from all metro manila dealers. Most dealer offers were not so attractive this time due to an apparent shortage of supply of units from TMPI. Of course, Law of Supply and Demand.

But I finally got a white pearl 1.6 V at Toyota Alabang who happens to have beaten all the offers of other dealers. P20k cash discount, Free Comp. insurance (Standard worth P26k), 3yr. LTO Reg (worth P14k), Tint, Toyota OEM Floormats (beige and has holes for the hook), and Curdoroy Seatcovers. Thats the best deal I was able to snatch so I pursued the purchase. Please post if you had better deals at this time of the year.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I also have the same unit 1.6V Pearl White, and also getting from Toyota Alabang - but financing through BPI. Other dealers couldn't give discounts also, only upto 10k.

I got the unit earlier today na! The other Pearl White with tint that I saw there may be yours ;)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *Phefitho

My unit was released Wed last week. Did you get a better offer? well congrats and enjoy your new ride as I am with mine. Stay safe!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Ah, thanks for clarifying, congrats on your new ride as well ! I got 25k discount and rain visor, the rest are the same I think.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    hi guys, newbie here, may naka encounter na ba ng rattling noise coming from the center console box
    i'm talking about 2011 altis 1.6V, thanks

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax View Post
    hi guys, newbie here, may naka encounter na ba ng rattling noise coming from the center console box
    i'm talking about 2011 altis 1.6V, thanks
    none with mine. dati meron sa A-pilar pero nawala nalang ng kusa...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Mga Bossing i did get my new altis 1.6G Manual Trans last week gusto ko malaman talaga everytime start mo siya nasa 1K RPM agad kahit hindi mo pa tinapakan....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    Mga Bossing i did get my new altis 1.6G Manual Trans last week gusto ko malaman talaga everytime start mo siya nasa 1K RPM agad kahit hindi mo pa tinapakan....
    ganyan po talaga sa simula yan sir. don't worry about it...

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]