New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 357 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

By the way, after comparing the bills from the 1K PMS at TQA and this 5K PMS from TAI... TQA charged me with 5 liters of the TGMO while TAI only charged 4... lokong TQA yun a! I checked the oil early this morning to check again kung bago nga... its fresh and above the Max line sa dipstick, hehe. Overall experience is ok except of course dun sa paghihintay, next time by appointment na.
    In one of my PMS at toyota dasma, i was also charged with 5 bottles of oil. when they returned the oil bottles, only half of the fifth bottle was used. when I gathered all the remaining oil from the four bottles to the last drop, I accumulated a whopping 300cc. I checked the oil level in the engine and it was 1cm above the full mark. Nireklamo ko sila. I emailed directly the manager. I said that had the mechanic emptied all the 4 bottles fully (adding the significant 300cc), there would not be a need for a fifth bottle which was only half emptied. problema kasi nagmamadali lagi sa paglagay ng langis. I took photos of the oil bottles and attached them to the email. After my complaint the SA at toyota dasma called my cellphone and apologized. during my succeeding visits, i know noticed that the mechanics are taking their time emptying the bottles, to the last drop. not just with my car but with every car in the service bay during that time. I'd like to believe that they changed their ways because of my complaint hehehe. must have been a memo or circular issued or something. try mo din mag-email bro. And sa iba pang tsikoteers who were charged 5 bottles, even with the new ZR engines, you may want to check the amount of oil remaining in the bottles that they returned. then ireklamo nyo din hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    I also have a drop in K&N filter in my 10th gen, do I need to reset the ECU to get the utmost benefit from the filter? TIA
    i suggest you reset the ECU for the system to take note of the new modification.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post
    i suggest you reset the ECU for the system to take note of the new modification.
    Haha! sobrang nanginginig ang engine at rough ang idling after ko na-reset ang ECU! but this lasted only for the first few minutes. I guess the ECU is relearning. ganun pala yon hehehe, kala ko titirik sa sobrang rough idling. will see in about a week kung magbabago FC ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a common reason for rough idling is a misfiring spark plug. loose connection.. fouled up spark plug tip.. dirty electrical surfaces anywhere along the way.. and there are many other, non-electrical reasons.. i hope yours disappears.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a common reason for rough idling is a misfiring spark plug. loose connection.. fouled up spark plug tip.. dirty electrical surfaces anywhere along the way.. and there are many other, non-electrical reasons.. i hope yours disappears.
    Ok na naman sir. it only lasted a few minutes, then smooth na ulit. I did a research and i think it's a common occurrence after an ECU restart. The ECU is just trying to relearn, even how the engine idles.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    Ok na naman sir. it only lasted a few minutes, then smooth na ulit. I did a research and i think it's a common occurrence after an ECU restart. The ECU is just trying to relearn, even how the engine idles.
    i somehow agree with dr. d... rough idling could be caused by loose connection, defective spark plug, etc. in most cases, fouled spark plug tip. try to check your spark plug if there are build up of deposits (white powdery) around the tip.

usually, when you reset your ECU, very smooth pa ang idle. bigla agad baba ang RPM to 800rpm and stable. but then, let's see the effect in your FC. drive as if nag break in ka pa lang ng engine. btw, try to reset the km/L reading in your multi-information display (if your car is equipped with one) to check the new FC reading.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sir,

How can I reset the KM/L?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post
    i somehow agree with dr. d... rough idling could be caused by loose connection, defective spark plug, etc. in most cases, fouled spark plug tip. try to check your spark plug if there are build up of deposits (white powdery) around the tip.

usually, when you reset your ECU, very smooth pa ang idle. bigla agad baba ang RPM to 800rpm and stable. but then, let's see the effect in your FC. drive as if nag break in ka pa lang ng engine. btw, try to reset the km/L reading in your multi-information display (if your car is equipped with one) to check the new FC reading.
    new spark plugs here. changed last week during PMS. I never really relied on the FC reading on the display. It's inaccurate. real life FC using the full tank method will give you 1-2km/L lower than the display reading as i've proven myself time and again.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Goons View Post
    Sir,

How can I reset the KM/L?
    in your multi-information display, to go the Ave km/L reading display. press the dial/button for few seconds. the reading will reset to zero.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi to all,

I would like to know how much is current cash discout could be given by agent for a Altis 2011 G variant...

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]