New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 66 of 357 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    Hi,

Any feedback on Altis 10th Gen FC? I'd like to know if 1.6 or 2.0 is better in FC. City/Highway driving. Thanks.
    FC depends on driving habits, traffic conditions, and modifications made in the car.

i'm driving 10th Gen 1.6G 5speed M/T, city driving is 12.4 km/L on the average and highway driving 17-18 km/L. shift change every 2-2.5K rpm. maximum speed on highways is only 100kph. FC changes as you increase your speed; 15-16 km/L if driving speed is 120-140kph. i have K&N drop-in filter and iridium plugs in my altis.

i'm not sure about the actual FC of the 2.0V, but i think it's less than 9 km/L on city driving.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    *ian28... you can contact Car Magic through their website... they're selling touch up paints before.

Car Magic Auto Painting

3. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    MrSin_Kai, looks like you did a good job in 'breaking-in' your Altis. Care to share how you did it? Ive heard that cars FC is a result of a good 'break-in'. TIA

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    MrSin_Kai, looks like you did a good job in 'breaking-in' your Altis. Care to share how you did it? Ive heard that cars FC is a result of a good 'break-in'. TIA
    hi cj... as mentioned, FC is influenced by driving habits, traffic conditions, and modifications in the car.

so far these are the modifications i made with my altis:
    - K&N drop in filter
    - iridium spark plugs
    - use fully synthetic oil

my driving habits:
    - aircon is set to 28deg, low fan (manual setting) in the morning and evening. it is only set to "auto" setting during afternoon drive.
    - shift change every 2-2.5 K RPM
    - maximum speed 80kph for city driving (RPM is under 2.5K RPM). the only time my speed will reach 100kph and above is when driving on highways (NLEX, SLEX, SCTEX, ACTEX)

daily route:
    AM drive ---- Marikina - Katipunan - White Plains - EDSA - Makati (Rockwell)
    PM drive ---- Makati (Rockwell) - Mandaluyong - Greenhills - EDSA - White Plains - Katipunan - Marikina

also, i noticed the effect of fuel i use for my altis. i'm yielding better FC when using Shell Premium compared with Petron XCS, Caltex Gold. Car acceleration is faster thus i can shift to the next gear sooner.

our car's ECU system records and takes note of our driving habits (car's acceleration, RPM range every gear changes, driving speed, braking habits, etc). the system dictates the fuel to be used based on our driving habits.

you may want to try this, you can reset the ECU by unplugging the negative terminal from the battery for at least 10mins. however, this will also reset all settings made in your altis (clock and HU settings). now, you can influence how the ecu reads your driving habits.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Guys

Bago ako sa forum na ito and it's nice to learn from Altis owners.

I have an issue with my 2011 G A/C - kapag umulan or pag binuksan ko yung airvent and if I turn the A/C on closing the airvent may amoy na parang kulob sa unang buga. Sa Baguio ko pinapa maintain (Ok naman sila). Pina check ko na sa kanila and my SA said na nilinis na yung A/C filter pero may amoy pa din... Are you experiencing the same sa auto nyo?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi, do you know where I can buy a rear fog lamp for gen 10.5?

7. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post
    daily route:
    AM drive ---- Marikina - Katipunan - White Plains - EDSA - Makati (Rockwell)
    PM drive ---- Makati (Rockwell) - Mandaluyong - Greenhills - EDSA - White Plains - Katipunan - Marikina

pareho pala tayo halos nang route everyday. thanks for the tips sir! but without modifications, (i.e. all stock spark plugs/air cleaner) can the same FC be achieved?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    pareho pala tayo halos nang route everyday. thanks for the tips sir! but without modifications, (i.e. all stock spark plugs/air cleaner) can the same FC be achieved?
    Before when my altis was still all stock, FC was around 10-11km/L. Try to reset your ECU, then measure your FC.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I just had my 5,000 km PMS at Toyota Alabang. I did not set an appointment because I wanted to see how the system works nowadays (where halos lahat ng customer apurado at gustong mauna) for walk-ins.

My car got received 8:50am by the car jockey at the Quick-Service area. He told me to go inside the reception to wait for my name to be called. Block# 18 was placed on top of the car Some cars are already up on the service bays with the same block color as mine... #7, #8, #9... so ok, maybe it won't take that long.

Inside the reception there's only one SA and antagal bago magtawag ng customer, of course he has to juggle it with his other duties like answering the phone, running over to the service area and back. It took 2 effing hours before my name was called to set the job/repair order for the 5k PMS. Good thing another SA arrived to help him with the chores. 10:50am my name was called by the female SA and she noticed that I was looking a bit flustered already. She apologized naman for the long wait and advised me to avail of the appointment system next time, I told her I just wanted to check out how the system works kapag walk-in lang. She nodded and had a nervous look, baka naisip niya 'mystery shopper' ako sent by TMPC. After giving specific instructions on the oil, no engine flushing, washing, I'll just eat outside and will be back to wait for the car to be finished. A short jeepney ride to Chowking Almanza for brunch and went back after almost an hour. Pagbalik sa reception the lady SA called me to say she's already prepping the bill... the car's already finished. After factoring in some casa horror stories online and from a cousin-in-law, nagduda ako bigtime baka hindi ginawa yung change oil. After paying the bill for P1,082.05 having the car back at the releasing area, I immediately checked the oil and napalitan naman. I went on my way to have Holli washed and detailed. Mga past 12 noon na yun.

Apologies for the long post. I just had some realizations about stuff we read online.

By the way, after comparing the bills from the 1K PMS at TQA and this 5K PMS from TAI... TQA charged me with 5 liters of the TGMO while TAI only charged 4... lokong TQA yun a! I checked the oil early this morning to check again kung bago nga... its fresh and above the Max line sa dipstick, hehe. Overall experience is ok except of course dun sa paghihintay, next time by appointment na.
    Last edited by cjv_justice; September 16th, 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added details

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post

you may want to try this, you can reset the ECU by unplugging the negative terminal from the battery for at least 10mins. however, this will also reset all settings made in your altis (clock and HU settings). now, you can influence how the ecu reads your driving habits.
    I also have a drop in K&N filter in my 10th gen, do I need to reset the ECU to get the utmost benefit from the filter? TIA

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]