New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 357 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ako ever since I used my glass cleaner kapag nag dedetail maganda na talaga wiping action niya kahit matagal naka-On.

Sa fuel na ginagamit niyo ano tingin niyo mas hiyang sa oto natin? So far I noticed mas maganda consumo ko pag Total Unleaded gamit ko, compared to Petron & Shell counterparts...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    We also have the infamous rattling sound, this is heard on selected uneven roads, those which were not cemented smoothly. The sound comes from the base of the driver's side A pillar trim, where it meets the dashboard. Am planning to insert a small piece of foam to see if it will stop, but have not gotten around to doing it. Tried inserting a thin card to see how deep the gap is, but it's very shallow at lesss than 5mm.
    As far as I know, this could be claimed under warranty. That's if a quick self fix can't be found yet, and you trust your casa to dismantle and then reassemble these properly.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian28 View Post
    1.6V, I am using unleaded from petron.
    Sige, been using Shell unleaded since we got our unit. Just happened to start using Petron unleaded last week. Though unlikely from the fuel, we'll see how our unit performs as well with Petron unleaded, possibly after another refill.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    * Autobeat sir yes I read that it can be fixed in the casa. Pero I don't want them to remove the pillar trim and risk breaking any clips, which would make the problem worse. Since they won't let you see how they do it, I'm pretty sure if they break any clips, they won't be replacing the trim...

We use Petron Silver, because it's the nearest gas station from where we live...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    * Autobeat sir yes I read that it can be fixed in the casa. Pero I don't want them to remove the pillar trim and risk breaking any clips, which would make the problem worse. Since they won't let you see how they do it, I'm pretty sure if they break any clips, they won't be replacing the trim...
    Yup, similar input given by an officemate of mine - that if we let the casa open up the interior, that's when other problems may occur, including possibly producing a source of future rattles.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    tsk, a lady driving a white 10th gen Corolla was killed when her car was riddled with bullets at Commonwealth Avenue corner Regalado St... saw this at a morning program.
    Last edited by cjv_justice; June 15th, 2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: added details to post

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Spice up your analog gauges, for those with 1.6G or E variants. I'm trying to get that pre-facelift optitron look. just back track this thread to see my previous DIY LED swap post.

For those with A-pillar rattle problems, you can also backtrack this thread as I've already posted pictures on how to DIY your A pillar rattle. It's really very simple. For those who have no time to go back and forth to the casa. The A-pillar pulls right out (pull gently in the direction towards the steering wheel) once you remove the rubber weather strip. Then you can add foam to your heart's content

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nice one, brad. Mukha na siya lalong mamahalin. hehehehehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Kamusta mga bossing. How's the 6-speed manual transmission compared to the former 5-speed? Masrelax na ba makina nya sa top gear speed of 80 - 100 - 120kph? Kasi sa 9th gen ko from 90kph pataas, hindi ko na type yung roar ng makina, naiingayan na ako.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009

We use Petron Silver, because it's the nearest gas station from where we live...
    Sobrang agree ako dito. After passing through our Maynilad-riddled streets here in Las-Pinas, I already have heard that rattle in my A-pillar. As of now nawala siya pero IMHO the rattle naman was very slight, pwede nang di pansinin.

Bwiset talaga ginawa ng Maynilad sa mga kalye dito sa LP, pati sa Friendship Route sinira nila. Buti nalang maganda talaga suspension nitong Corolla.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]