New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 357 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    * Dekzee: Wow that was impressive! At may pics pa talaga para mas maintindihan! Hehe.. Props to you

May concern nga lang po ako. Pano niyo po sinimulang tanggalin yung rubber lining? Did you use any tool to help you detach it? Medyo natatakot lang akong galawin kasi baka ma-deform o magkamali ako at hindi na siya maibalik nang maayos.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    They put 5W40 oil at P615 per bottle. Fully Synthetic ba yun? Basta sabi ko wag yung ordinary oil ang ilagay para sigurado kasi takot ako sa sludge issue.
    Read from the several threads here that the use of synthetic oil hastens the sludging. It is still better to use mineral oil.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by green_machine View Post
    * Dekzee: Wow that was impressive! At may pics pa talaga para mas maintindihan! Hehe.. Props to you

May concern nga lang po ako. Pano niyo po sinimulang tanggalin yung rubber lining? Did you use any tool to help you detach it? Medyo natatakot lang akong galawin kasi baka ma-deform o magkamali ako at hindi na siya maibalik nang maayos.
    no tools, just grab it by your fingers and gently but firmly pull down. pinaka madaling simulang tanggalin dun sa midway between the A and B pillars then work your way towards the sides. careful pa din sir, if it won't budge then don't force it also, avoid kinking or bending the rubber. So far, sa dinaming beses kong tinatanggal tanggal at binalik to, wala pa namang leaks pag umuulan

Ms Cathy, I'm sorry I don't have the solution or even an explanation for the whistling. Wala kasi ako nung whistling e hehehe, so parang walang necessity on my part, but I'll try to research. Sobrang bwisit ko sa mga rattles kaya ci-nareer ko.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Regarding those noises, may napapansin din ba kayo na mahinang sound sa may bandang muffler. It's a "tok" sound whenever the car passes through uneven roads. Is it because of the muffler dangling? I tried checking the mudguards but they are all intact.

PS, ang hirap din pala ng masyadong tahimik na kotse, dami mong napapansin na tunog e.(sounds circular reasoning though) hehehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    paano po ba tanggalin yung rear seat cover?lahat kasi natanggal ko na at naibalik instead dun sa pinakaupuan sa likod...naiaangat ba yun?if yes, how?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Read from the several threads here that the use of synthetic oil hastens the sludging. It is still better to use mineral oil.
    The problem with those using fully synthetic oil they maximize the 10000KM interval before they change oil . Mineral oil , semi synthetic ,fully synthetic change oil every 3000 to 5000 to prevent sludge .

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^ +1. I still do my oil change every 5k even with fully synthetic.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    The problem with those using fully synthetic oil they maximize the 10000KM interval before they change oil . Mineral oil , semi synthetic ,fully synthetic change oil every 3000 to 5000 to prevent sludge .
    +2 on this. it's the prolonged interval and not the oil per se that will lead to sludging. Beyond 7.5k kms, while the fully synthetic is still able to provide lubrication, its detergents are already exhausted and no longer able to suspend dirt and grime.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    paano po ba tanggalin yung rear seat cover?lahat kasi natanggal ko na at naibalik instead dun sa pinakaupuan sa likod...naiaangat ba yun?if yes, how?
    The front part is just secured by 2 metal clamps that can be disengaged by pulling upward while also pushing the cushion towards the rear (position yourself squatting facing the rear). The cushion should now be pulled out completely.

Pero, kung hindi mo matanggal despite ma disengage yung clamps sa harap, baka merong bolt in between the seat cushion and the sandalan. you can remove this by an extended socket wrench. try to feel for this bolt by putting your fingers in the crevice between the seat cusion and the back. good luck.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    The front part is just secured by 2 metal clamps that can be disengaged by pulling upward while also pushing the cushion towards the rear (position yourself squatting facing the rear). The cushion should now be pulled out completely.

Pero, kung hindi mo matanggal despite ma disengage yung clamps sa harap, baka merong bolt in between the seat cushion and the sandalan. you can remove this by an extended socket wrench. try to feel for this bolt by putting your fingers in the crevice between the seat cusion and the back. good luck.

thanks very much...will try this next week...

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]