New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 357 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    2011 Altis 1.6G A/T, 1.6V A/T owners, how's the FC mga bossing?

Responsive naman ba yung new Dual VVT-i engine?
    ---------------------------
    For the 2011 2.0V owners, sulit ba yan for its price?

Ok naman ba yung CVT at matipid ba?

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Thank you!
    Yehess. I smell a new car.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    had an encounter with a lunatic on the road today (dasma cavite). he hurled a fairly large branch of tree (about 4inch diameter, 3-4feet length) directly unto the hood of my altis. as i did some evasive maneuvers, he picked up his weapon and hurled it on the driver side door. from the sound of the impacts, I'm almost sure the car would have had ugly dents and scratches. I sped by and went home directly with all the anxiety. I was shaking with anger and continuously cursing that freak. I imagined the horrible dents and the hassle of having them repaired.

To my surprise, there was NOT A SINGLE DENT on the altis!!! There were just shallow scratches on the door panel which immediately disappeared after waxing and buffing!

Man! This car is like a tank.

BTW, I dunno what happened to that whacko. I hope he met his match probably with one of the drivers he assaulted. As for me, I'm lucky that me and my car escaped literally 'without a scratch'

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    had an encounter with a lunatic on the road today (dasma cavite). he hurled a fairly large branch of tree (about 4inch diameter, 3-4feet length) directly unto the hood of my altis. as i did some evasive maneuvers, he picked up his weapon and hurled it on the driver side door. from the sound of the impacts, I'm almost sure the car would have had ugly dents and scratches. I sped by and went home directly with all the anxiety. I was shaking with anger and continuously cursing that freak. I imagined the horrible dents and the hassle of having them repaired.

To my surprise, there was NOT A SINGLE DENT on the altis!!! There were just shallow scratches on the door panel which immediately disappeared after waxing and buffing!

BTW, I dunno what happened to that whacko. I hope he met his match probably with one of the drivers he assaulted. As for me, I'm lucky that me and my car escaped literally 'without a scratch'
    WTH? He did that intentionally?? Kaya ba di mo na binaba kasi lunatic literal? waaa
    Really lucky for you, kasi alam ko manipis talaga lata ng altis kaya may mga dent na ako.
    Minsan nga iniisip ko baka may lunatic rin na bumato sa pinto ko, nung nagchip off pintura.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    100% agree!

Ganito naman yung nangyari sa akin. While I was parking my car in our garage, hinangin yung gate kaya humampas talaga nang malakas sa may front door sa passenger's side. Eh di syempre kinabahan ako kasi baka nayupi nga, pero wala! Hahaha... Medyo namantsahan lang ng pintura ng gate yung door, at buti natanggal naman ng rubbing compound. Ayun, no trace left!

Loved my Altis much more since then...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by green_machine View Post
    100% agree!

Ganito naman yung nangyari sa akin. While I was parking my car in our garage, hinangin yung gate kaya humampas talaga nang malakas sa may front door sa passenger's side. Eh di syempre kinabahan ako kasi baka nayupi nga, pero wala! Hahaha... Medyo namantsahan lang ng pintura ng gate yung door, at buti natanggal naman ng rubbing compound. Ayun, no trace left!

Loved my Altis much more since then...
    Me to bro. Also loved my altis more since then. I really thought that whacko messed up my body work. Madami pa siyang hinampas na kotse sa likuran ko, mukhang baliw talaga so I didn't bother na bumaba.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010

Thank you!
    I have at 1.6 G AT

Dual VVT engine very responsive but medyo malakas sa gas. I'm getting 8 km. to a liter city driving. Hiway is about 13 km. per liter.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think 8km/L is fine.

Iniisip ko mas matipid kaya yung 2.0V dahil sa 7-Speed CVT?

Budget isn't a problem naman, yung fuel economy lang. Sana ginawa nalang nila 1.8 at 2.0 ang available engine. Both DVVT-i with 7-Speed CVT..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think 8km/L is fine.

Iniisip ko mas matipid kaya yung 2.0V dahil sa 7-Speed CVT?

Budget isn't a problem naman, yung fuel economy lang. Sana ginawa nalang nila 1.8 at 2.0 ang available engine. Both DVVT-i with 7-Speed CVT..
    i think medyo mbaba yung 8km/l. but not sure, i dont have a 1.6L DVVT-i engine. i only have the old 3ZZ, averages 10km/l with 100K km on the ODO.

mas matipid pa din 1.6L na 1ZR kesa sa 2.0 bro SG.

pero baka in hi-speed runs, mas matipid ang 3ZR since its CVT which have "limitless gears"

*smash: na break-in na ba yan bro?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Usually kasi Makati-Commonwealth yung route ng car. Daily driven tapos EDSA palagi ang daan. So matindi ang traffic. Baka lumamon lang ng gas yung 2.0V

Pero kasi yung features ng 2.0V bawing bawi..

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]