New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by RayObiniana View Post
    Hi is this considered luxury car in Ph because of its almost 2m price tag for a 5 seaters? Because you can get mercedes A class for only 2.4m pesos due to taxes here but if you buy in usa its around 1.6m total in pesos. Top of line Camry in usa is only around 1m in pesos thats why they call it an appliance

Toyotas luxury line up

Van - Alphard
    SUV - Landcruiser
    Sportscar - supra/86
    Sedan - Camry?

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk
    Can you show me where did you find the "top of the line" Camry for $20K? I would buy it in cash in a second. I assume you're talking about a brand new Camry.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Japan head office are sending some (3-5 units) every time a new Japanese exec is assigned sa Pinas.
    does it stay around, when said exec is re-assigned abroad?
    who is/are allowed to buy it, after exec leaves?

wala akong nakikita sa sta rosa, where their offices are...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    does it stay around, when said exec is re-assigned abroad?
    who is/are allowed to buy it, after exec leaves?

wala akong nakikita sa sta rosa, where their offices are...
    I'm not working for Toyota Office is in Manila

hmmm, no idea kung saan napupunta yung mga lumang cars.

Every 3 years may bagong set ng Japanese + new Crowns and Suburbans

New guys doesn't want to use the old car... Kaya expected na may bagong set of cars na dadating.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    luxury tax has nothing to do with being a really luxury car or not.
    it's a political decision, this tax.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

what is toyota's heir-apparent for the crown in our country?

toyota century.
    i do not think anybody will argue, it's not a luxury car.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Vehicle categories are but a guide. Today, they even blur and overlap. Most importantly, they change and evolve over time with customers' ever-changing tastes and preferences and together with the carmakers' marketing strategies.

Toyota started out and became known as econo-car maker. That's why in the US they decided to spin-off a luxury car brand -- the Lexus -- to sell to the upper market who think of Toyota primarily as and econo-car brand, even though they tried hard to market some of their Toyota vechicles as a luxury vehicle over there. Needless to say, they found success as a luxury brand with the Lexus in the US market.

Over here, back when Lexus still did not exist in the Philippines, the luxury sedans of the likes of these econo-car makers like Honda, Toyota and Nissan in the Philippines consisted of the Accords, Camrys and Cefiros. So yes, the Camry's can be conisdered a luxury car, but some people now would like to think otherwise now that Lexus commands a more luxurious pedestal.

This is unlike Mercedes Benz in the Philippines which started out and became known as a luxury car maker here, but who is now trying to capture the lower markets with other more "economically pirced" offerings. Hope that answers you well.
    I guess it depends on the person looking at it. For the philippines, I agree the camry can be considered a luxury car because of its high price tag of 2m for only a 5 seater car with its bad fuel consumption of around 5km/ liter despite having more expensive cars with the same badge like the toyota century which is bigger.

Just like mercedes S class is to an E class.

Similarly priced toyota vehicles like super grandia and fortuner are and never will have the same degree of road presence and respect as having a camry because they are mainly used as big haulers and are usually bought by people with businesses or big families that require a lot more space for a 2m peso car. I guess they can be called cargo vehicles.

For many people in the philippines, having the budget to afford, maintain and use a camry is truly only for the rich of the Filipinos belonging to the upperclass which many of us here I think arent the target market for those type of cars

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO, this thread should have ended at post #23

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, this thread should have ended at post #23
    Must be a "slow" day?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RayObiniana View Post
    I guess it depends on the person looking at it. For the philippines, I agree the camry can be considered a luxury car because of its high price tag of 2m for only a 5 seater car with its bad fuel consumption of around 5km/ liter despite having more expensive cars with the same badge like the toyota century which is bigger.

Just like mercedes S class is to an E class.

Similarly priced toyota vehicles like super grandia and fortuner are and never will have the same degree of road presence and respect as having a camry because they are mainly used as big haulers and are usually bought by people with businesses or big families that require a lot more space for a 2m peso car. I guess they can be called cargo vehicles.

For many people in the philippines, having the budget to afford, maintain and use a camry is truly only for the rich of the Filipinos belonging to the upperclass which many of us here I think arent the target market for those type of cars

The fact remains that not everybody shares your views on such cars. If buying a Camry is stupid, what more for people who buys a Mini??? There are a few here who drives 5-seater vehicles with a price tag similar or more expensive than a Camry, and most of those I know are quite the opposite of stupid.

If you ask me, choosing between a Camry or Fortuner, I'd go with a Camry. However, I will not buy a Camry but instead bring home an Accord or Mazda6.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 16th, 2019 at 03:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The fact remains that not everybody shares your views on such cars. If buying a Camry is stupid, what more for people who buys a Mini??? There are a few here who drives 5-seater vehicles with a price tag similar or more expensive than a Camry, and most of those I know are quite the opposite of stupid.

If you ask me, choosing between a Camry or Fortuner, I'd go with a Camry. However, I will not buy a Camry but instead bring home an Accord or Mazda6.
    Basing on OP's description of being stupid, you must be "stupid" then if you have an XT when you can have the non turbo forester instead.

Parehong 5 seater, rides on 17-18? basically the same except for that turbocharger.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Maiba nga, which toyota disto has a Camry in display and for test drive? Cant seem to find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeckard View Post
    Maiba nga, which toyota disto has a Camry in display and for test drive? Cant seem to find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i don't know of any.

Maybe because the people buying the Camry (don't?) actually care how it drives because they will be chauffeur driven anyway.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast