New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was researching the Camry TRD which is the cheapest way to get a V6 Camry. I have the regular Camry SE. While looking through YT videos, I noticed the SE also has the stamped steel brace up front which helps stiffen the chassis. It's hard to see because it's cleverly hidden. But, it doesn't have the rear brace which is mounted by the rear seats and eliminates the folding capability of the back seats.

camry-se-chassis-brace-front.jpg
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 6th, 2020 at 05:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was researching the Camry TRD which is the cheapest way to get a V6 Camry. I have the regular Camry SE. While looking through YT videos, I noticed the SE also has the stamped steel brace up front which helps stiffen the chassis. It's hard to see because it's cleverly hidden. But, it doesn't have the rear brace which is mounted by the rear seats and eliminates the folding capability of the back seats.

camry-se-chassis-brace-front.jpg
    Is it that big piece of block near the oil filler hole?

Btw does it have two fuel pumps? One for the direct injection and one for the port injection?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Is it that big piece of block near the oil filler hole?

Btw does it have two fuel pumps? One for the direct injection and one for the port injection?
    Nope. The metal brace is hidden under the rear hood rubber seal. The ends can be seen just behind the top of the front strut supports.

I haven't researched the new power train that much. But, I think there is only one fuel pump because the recall for other cars refer to singular versus plural.

I was just wondering how this Camry is marvelous at taking those corners my old Sonata would have to slow down hard for. Apparently, it's that bracing among other things. The suspension of the SE is beefed up in comparison to the LE while the TRD's is beefed up in turn compared to the SE.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 7th, 2020 at 05:46 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Or, maybe not. Now, I'm lost. He He.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314