New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Hi is this considered luxury car in Ph because of its almost 2m price tag for a 5 seaters? Because you can get mercedes A class for only 2.4m pesos due to taxes here but if you buy in usa its around 1.6m total in pesos. Top of line Camry in usa is only around 1m in pesos thats why they call it an appliance

Toyotas luxury line up

Van - Alphard
    SUV - Landcruiser
    Sportscar - supra/86
    Sedan - Camry?

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RayObiniana View Post
    Hi is this considered luxury car in Ph because of its almost 2m price tag for a 5 seaters? Because you can get mercedes A class for only 2.4m pesos due to taxes here but if you buy in usa its around 1.6m total in pesos. Top of line Camry in usa is only around 1m in pesos thats why they call it an appliance

Anyways, life in ph is much harder and buying a 2m pesos 5 seater car seems really stupid because there are 2m vans like super grandia and suvs available that can seat more people

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    beauty can mean any number of things, to the user.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014

Anyways, life in ph is much harder and buying a 2m pesos 5 seater car seems really stupid because there are 2m vans like super grandia and suvs available that can seat more people

If you find people stupud buying this at 2m cause you can get a people hauler or suv at the same price, then this segment is not for you.

Camry is marketed as an executive car. Like, people that has 2 or 3 cars already in the garage.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    You are clearly not the target audience of Camry.

That's why the PPV segement is thriving here because of guys like you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

You cannot call people stupid if they can buy midsize cars worth 2M. These people can afford a bit of luxury than having to sit in a van or an SUV (PPV) which rides like a pickup truck. The same thing applies for people who buy Euro cars locally that's worth more 2x or 3x than the price of a Camry but still seats only 5.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Big Mac Index...
    • Big Mac index worldwide 218 | Statista

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Is executive car same as luxury car? Because I think filipinos who are doing very well in life are the only ones who can afford this expensive car. A little more and you can get a car with mercedes badge!

Its fuel consumption is terrible as well at 5km/liter

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yung dalawang pinakamayaman sa opis,
    old pick-up and old camry ang minamaneho.
    "no one cares."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Is executive car same as luxury car? Because I think filipinos who are doing very well in life are the only ones who can afford this expensive car. A little more and you can get a car with mercedes badge!

Its fuel consumption is terrible as well at 5km/liter

Try sitting comfortably in an A-class.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Try sitting comfortably in an A-class.
    i'd sooner sell it and get a camry.. or an altis.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast