New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Fortuner club was invited by Toyota Motor Phils. to tour its vehicle assembly plant located in Sta. Rosa, Laguna last March 29,2008. To those who were physically and mentally there (had to really spell this out since this thread is abound with skeptics). It is very clear that the plant only produces two vehicles, which is the new Vios (all variants) and Innova (all variants). They have a spare or idle assembly line that used to be occupied by the outgoing Altis.

I hope this clears the issue already.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Fortuner club was invited by Toyota Motor Phils. to tour its vehicle assembly plant located in Sta. Rosa, Laguna last March 29,2008. To those who were physically and mentally there (had to really spell this out since this thread is abound with skeptics). It is very clear that the plant only produces two vehicles, which is the new Vios (all variants) and Innova (all variants). They have a spare or idle assembly line that used to be occupied by the outgoing Altis.

I hope this clears the issue already.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thanks so much guys =)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just saw a Camry Hybrid here in the Philippines. Obviously its imported since we don't sell Camry hybrids locally. Taken this picture just in front of SM Sta. Mesa just this afternoon on my way home from work.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope to see those hybrids more often soon...

Camry Hybrid for Thailand in 2009

Toyota will begin production of the Camry Hybrid in Thailand in 2009. Toyota is to produce 9,000 units a year in Thailand, starting in 2009.

In order to make the adjustments to the assembly line at the Gateway plant in Chachoengsao province, Toyota is making an investment of THB 90 million.

Toyota simultaneously announced that the Camry hybrid will also be produced in Australia, which is currently a production base for the Camry model. Australian production will run at 10,000 units per year.

In Thailand the batteries and motors will be imported for local assembly, but the Thai government is working on ways to encourage Toyota to start local manufacture of their hybrid system.

The Camry might not be the obvious choice for a hybrid car in Thailand, but for Toyota it was the most cost effective choice, as the Camry is already in production here.

The Camry Hybrid will cost quite a bit more than a regular petrol version, even with the lower excise duty for hybrid vehicles, which is set at 10%, compared to the 30% for regular vehicles with engines under 2.0 litre, and 35% for engines between 2.0 and 2.5 litre capacities.
    http://bkkautos.com/node/702
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 10th, 2008 at 07:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    uy sakto, hybrid pala yan, tataka ako kasi akala ko me bagong labas, ni hindi ko man lang napansin, tapos nung nilapitan ko yung sticker nya sa plate nya 2007 pa, naiisip ko tuloy gray market na camry, yun pala yan yung hybrid.... pero ang ganda ng dating nya...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    here is the aurion

[SIZE=2]Size of this preview: 800 × 460 pixels[/SIZE]

Here is the camry

[SIZE=2]Size of this preview: 800 × 550 pixels[/SIZE]
    hi! mga kabayan meron naba available na seat cover ng camry ito sa pinas?an mahal kasi dito s u.s pangit p ...tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think there are available seatcover patterns for the Camry, but then, would these patterns be 100% similar to the seats of the US Camry?
    Last edited by IMm29; August 7th, 2008 at 09:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Camry