New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi tsikoteers, i'm just about to purchase my kumpare's camry. its a 2006 model the third gen camry. he is selling it for a very reasonable price at 650k (i think), its a camry 2.4G btw. quesion is... sulit kaya ito sa price that he gave me? and another thing is that anu ano ba ang possible at most probably problems that i will be encountering with this kind of car? hope anyone specially camry owners can help me with this one. TIA guys!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    2006? This is model before current?

If so, we have a 2003 2.4V and the shocks gave out. Medyo kumalampag yung front shocks. Other than that, we haven't had any problems with the car.

Check nalang if the service records are up to date/complete. Toyota's PMS intervals are 5K or 3Months, whichever comes first (ata).
    Mahirap na lalo kung hindi na maintain ang makina/automatic transmission.

As with the price, not sure but try to check on sulit.com/other sites to find a general ballpark range for the car.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    its the third gen na camry na sir.. yung latest as of now na model... =)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Well for one, the engine's the same and there should be no known problems.

I'd suggest just to check for the completeness of the service records.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Family has a 06 2.4 V which we bought brand new and it's running very well (around 65,000kms already). It's driver driven and we already changed the shocks and tie rods as we try to keep the car as comfortable as possible for my aged grandparents who use this as their daily drive. Parts were easy to source and won't burn a hole in your pocket. Just check the service records of your friend's Camry and browse the Manila Bulletin on Sunday to get an idea of the going price of the 06 models.

toyota CAMRY 2006