New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    We have 2006 camry 2.4v and i get around 5-6 km/l city driving. 10-11 km/l highway 100kph average speed

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I have 2010 Camry G...

fuel mileage around 5+Km/L in crawling makati to QC rush hour traffic... easy 8Km/L in highway... 10-11 in pure highway is doable...

what I heard with older camrys is the melting dashboard... so be particular where you park, or have windshield tinted as well...

on a plus side... engine and transmission combo is smooth and quiet, actually the car is quite fast... sound proofing is on the high side, which is good...

just my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    I have 2010 Camry G...

fuel mileage around 5+Km/L in crawling makati to QC rush hour traffic... easy 8Km/L in highway... 10-11 in pure highway is doable...

what I heard with older camrys is the melting dashboard... so be particular where you park, or have windshield tinted as well...

on a plus side... engine and transmission combo is smooth and quiet, actually the car is quite fast... sound proofing is on the high side, which is good...

just my 2 cents
    I got one last December. So far, I have averaged 8-8.5km/l but as high as 9.75km/l with 30-40% highway driving. With pure city driving, I have never gone below 7km/l. I'm pretty light footed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    With. 2.0 camry I average 7.5 kms per liter city driving with a once a week highway driving Manila San Pedro and back

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mine is a 2005 2.4V , my average consumtion is 7.5-8 km per liter, on a moderate traffic city driving. I,m light footed, Just doin a 1800 to 2000 rpm acceleration. Continuous highway driving mas matipid pa sya.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggedyman View Post
    Mine is a 2005 2.4V , my average consumtion is 7.5-8 km per liter, on a moderate traffic city driving. I,m light footed, Just doin a 1800 to 2000 rpm acceleration. Continuous highway driving mas matipid pa sya.
    By the way ....Is there any camry group or organization of camry users here??

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi there, i also have a 2.4v....kaya lang am doing around 5 to 5.5 km/l...daily routine pque to makati vice versa....glad to hear your going 7 km/l sana ganyan din yung camry ko....my camry hates traffic

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    I got a 2.4 Camry in 2008. I was only doing around 6 kpl. It was totalled by Ondoy. I did not replace it with another Camry but with Montero because of the low FC.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I think bottom line is if you value fuel consumption above bang-for-the-buck quality and features then don't get a Camry. There is no way to compare a Vios, City, etc. to a Camry, no contest. A second hand Camry trumps a brand new compact car any day.

I've owned my 03 2.4V since 2010 (post-Ondoy). Acquired the car with 81k kms on the Odo. I'm now at 150k kms and still loving it. Unfortunately gusto na mag upgrade ni kumander so I am begrudgingly about to sell it in a month or 2. This is the best car that I've owned, period. Like ruggedyman naka Corona ako before, so fuel consumption was and never will be a priority for me. Overall quality has always been my deciding factor.

The biggest downside of owning a Camry? The cost of parts!!! Hardly any Japan-replacements available for the major parts. But yung pang periodic maintenance like brake pads, oil filters, etc, madali lang mahanap. Another downside pala is finding a mechanic who knows the Camry inside and out. But once you find one just go back to him for all your repairs/periodic maintenance para siguradong alaga ride mo. For those residing in the South I highly recommend Pronto along West service road (between Sucat and Alabang). Ok din kay Shaggy/Autotech along Singalong/near Quirino Ave. kung periodic maintenance lang papagawa mo.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by colaeina View Post
    I think bottom line is if you value fuel consumption above bang-for-the-buck quality and features then don't get a Camry. There is no way to compare a Vios, City, etc. to a Camry, no contest. A second hand Camry trumps a brand new compact car any day.

I've owned my 03 2.4V since 2010 (post-Ondoy). Acquired the car with 81k kms on the Odo. I'm now at 150k kms and still loving it. Unfortunately gusto na mag upgrade ni kumander so I am begrudgingly about to sell it in a month or 2. This is the best car that I've owned, period. Like ruggedyman naka Corona ako before, so fuel consumption was and never will be a priority for me. Overall quality has always been my deciding factor.

The biggest downside of owning a Camry? The cost of parts!!! Hardly any Japan-replacements available for the major parts. But yung pang periodic maintenance like brake pads, oil filters, etc, madali lang mahanap. Another downside pala is finding a mechanic who knows the Camry inside and out. But once you find one just go back to him for all your repairs/periodic maintenance para siguradong alaga ride mo. For those residing in the South I highly recommend Pronto along West service road (between Sucat and Alabang). Ok din kay Shaggy/Autotech along Singalong/near Quirino Ave. kung periodic maintenance lang papagawa mo.

Would you also suggest pronto for the underchassis....kalampags and all? Tnx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
toyota camry 2.4 inquiries