New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi sirs!

May question lang ako. Recently had a work done on my engine. 2.4v 2004. Had my cylinders resurfaced due to low oil pressure. To make it short, after it was done, i had to take it back due to a leak between cylinder head and engine block. I was informed na di daw masyado masikipan yung bolt because the aluminum block is prone to losing threads. Already replaced the gasket twice after that. 2nd replacement had sealant na pero may leak parin. After researching sa net, sakit nga daw ng 2azfe yun and they recommend to use time sert or heli coil. Aside from this procedure and replacing the block, what are my other options?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Id naman na warp? They should torque it correctly. Baka na over torque kaya nasira ang threads?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    Hi sirs!

May question lang ako. Recently had a work done on my engine. 2.4v 2004. Had my cylinders resurfaced due to low oil pressure. To make it short, after it was done, i had to take it back due to a leak between cylinder head and engine block. I was informed na di daw masyado masikipan yung bolt because the aluminum block is prone to losing threads. Already replaced the gasket twice after that. 2nd replacement had sealant na pero may leak parin. After researching sa net, sakit nga daw ng 2azfe yun and they recommend to use time sert or heli coil. Aside from this procedure and replacing the block, what are my other options?
    We had the same problem on our 2005 Camry when it overheated (due to a busted aux fan). The machine shop fixed it by rethreading (or something like that) all the bolt holes to ensure proper torque specs are attained. That was done over two years ago and the car is still reliable as ever.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    It was rethreaded a couple of times already before the first assembly. Can you recommend me that machine shop, vinj? Mine was done by roque's in marikina but im from qc.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    barleta machine shop seems to know what they are doing

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    It was rethreaded a couple of times already before the first assembly. Can you recommend me that machine shop, vinj? Mine was done by roque's in marikina but im from qc.
    Were all the holes re-threaded? In our case, before we only rethreaded the bad ones and ended up with leaks later on as the supposedly good ones went bad too (lesson learned, better to rethread all in such cases). Speedyfix outsourced it for us as we had no time to do the legwork already. Try inquiring with VW Precision on A. Roces. They did good work on my friend's engine block before (but that was 10 years ago, dunno how they are now).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    barleta machine shop seems to know what they are doing
    Loc of this sir? Do they also do the dismantling and assembling of the engine?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Were all the holes re-threaded? In our case, before we only rethreaded the bad ones and ended up with leaks later on as the supposedly good ones went bad too (lesson learned, better to rethread all in such cases). Speedyfix outsourced it for us as we had no time to do the legwork already. Try inquiring with VW Precision on A. Roces. They did good work on my friend's engine block before (but that was 10 years ago, dunno how they are now).
    That must be it. Only had the bad ones rethreaded. Thank you sir.

Lastly, speedyfix in congressional right?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Speedyfix is in San Juan. Take note they charge more than the usual "talyers" though. If your mechanic can already take the engine apart then bring it directly to your own chosen machine shop. You may want to check the gaskets that may need replacement also if this has never been done since your engine is apart already (i bought an overhauling kit from Toyorama for our 2.4)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thanks sir!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
toyota camry 2.4 inquiries