New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    to tsikot masters inquiring feedback po for the toyota camry 2.4. are all models rear wheel drive? how about po a consumption in city and higway driving? which is a better option the new camry 2.4 or the honda accord 2.4 model in terms of reliability, consumption, design? kasi i have to explain all these to my wife who wants to buy the camry asap hehehehehe. maraming salamat po

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    All local Camrys are front wheel drive. Fuel consumption is 5.4-5.7 km/liter. The 2.4 V Camry has more toys (power rear seat, remote control rear seat console, rear door blinds, powered rear blinds...) compared to the accord. It is more a rear passenger car with its softer suspension. The Accord is a driver's car with a stiffer suspension. Also the accord 2.4 has a black leather, compared to the easy to get dirty beige interior of the camry.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 16th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ditto on the Accord being more driver oriented.

On a sidenote, I was at Greenfuel today and saw a late-model Camry 2.4 with an LPG kit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks masters. i supposed accord has the same fuel consumption compared with the camry? ganda rin ng body design ng accord kaso wifes fallen in love with the camry. salamat po

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I guess the fuel will more or less the same between the two since Honda high-tech VCM engine is on the 3.5 liter model.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks again. the only thing thats holding me from getting an accord is there are too many old model accord that are dilapidated "laspag" on the streets. unlike camry kahit luma na parang elegant pa rin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Fuel consumption of the camry 2.4V at 60km/h is 18.2km/l, 80km/h is 17.8km/l and 100km/l is 18.6km/l. Hindi rin basta png passernger yung camry kht ikaw yung driver masarap i-drive kasi ang smooth tpos tahimik. Kung 3.5Q bibilhin mo arond 9-10km/l makukuha mo. Kung mayaman ka nmn no worries ang fuel since nakabili ka din nmn ng camry e.

The interior of the accord looks better especially the dash and the overall interior looks more luxurious than the camry, but camry is loaded with luxurious features. Camry 2.4V has also black leather seats, bluetooth, navigation system, smart entry system, push button start, rain sensor, adaptive headlight, multi color optitron guage, rear camera, rear sunshades, rear arm rest with integrated controls for a/c, sound system, sunshade and power reclining seats.

Mdmi nmn optional packages that you can choose from but the price of 2.4V will raise up to 1.8M from 1.7M. The only thing that you can`t get at 2.4 from 3.5 is the engine but all the functions/features of the 3.5Q is optional for 2.4V. Don`t even bother buying the 2.4G.

Since you`re choosing from the 2.4 variants of the accord and camry, I think the best choice is the camry. Overall interior/exterior looks and features goes to the camry. But if you change your mind and choose between the 3.5 variants then choose the accord since it has tha VCM technology that will manage the fuel consumption of the car. Why don`t you go and visit their websites and inquire at their showrooms then book a testdrive.

BTW I like the accord`s exterior styling except for the front and wala pa atang auxillary ports/jacks for ipod/cellphones yung camry.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks again or the reply. im goin for the camry then. maraming salamt po

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi rhino,

i have owned different camrys for 10 yers now and i must say the best models came out from 1997-2000. Ironically, these were the CBUs that came from Japan. The quality and build of the newer model camrys that come from Thailand and Indonesia or RP are subpar.

The first thing tht will go wrong with the 2.4 camry is the idle vibration. parng naka diesel ka. A million peso cr wwith a diesel ride!

Toyota knows about this problem but have kept it under wraps just like the sudden acceleration problem caused by the drive by wire throttle system

I must say Toyota has been a victim of its success.

Read up on the various USA toyota forums and search vibration at idle.

Hope its not too late.

Toyota now is sucky brand

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    With all the problems of Toyota now exposed, I'd go with Accord on this segment. Accords look far more sporty too.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
toyota camry 2.4 inquiries