New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ yes, competition will improve the service.

It really pays to learn a ot about your vehicle and to be diligent in checking for any problems.

As long as there is something unusual, usually there is indeed a problem needing to be solved.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's why it really pays to know about your ride, research, and the be aware of the usual service one should get. The CASA can diagnose any problem but when in doubt, pull out. Nothing hurts with a second opinion. Also best to do your own look over and listen before taking the vehicle out of the any shop.

I stopped taking my Corolla Altis to the CASA after the 10K service and did all the service with shops i am familiar with. Its an even nicer feeling to buy the parts and oils you're going to put, watching as they do the service, clean your own brakes, etc. I just weighed the risk given that the Altis was a popular car and at the time i bought it, it was near the end of it's lifecycle so most defects would have been fixed and parts are readily available. I just brought it to the CASA for the the first 10,000kms to see if anything out of the ordinary would crop up and after that, i stopped. Looking back, the only part i would have needed to replace under warranty was my warped rotors but buying an aftermarket set proved to be better and more durable and cost me less than 2K.

I usually doubt that stand-alone provincial CASAs such as Toyota Baguio will do much to improve as compared to one in a city with a lot of competition.
    yung case nung isa sir sa toyota makati sya, di nila masyado chinecheck yung sasakyan eh. tapos pag nagreklamo sakanila, sasabihin nila na fully checked yun bago nilabas at binigay sa owner. that is being unprofessional diba po. dito po kasi samin sir sa rizal, di ako familiar sa mga shop, malayo din talaga, kaya casa na lang. sakin po kasi sa innova ko is shock absorbers, replaced agad sa 5k PMS, may leak kasi ako nakita so i claimed it to the warranty. at isa pa, naiisip ko yung D4D issues, baka existing pa din although 2011 yung unit ko, eh pag di ko pinacasa isang beses void na warranty ko tapos mamaya sa warranty period magka problema (wag naman sana) eh di ko ma claim sa warranty, kaya ayun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
toyota baguio, avoid at all cost!