New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pwede humingi ng mga comments ng altis 2005?fuel effecient din ba ito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    seems like bago ka pa lang sa tsikot.. welcome!
    have you tried doing a search?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bro, hintayin mo na bagong civic... malapit na http://world.honda.com/news/2005/4050922.html

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mas ok ba ang honda kaysa sa altis?ang alam ko almost same price yung altis at honda vti.mas mahal nga lng daw yata ang maintenance ng honda.balak ko kasi bili ng tsikot next year kaya canvas ako.yung likes ko na tsikot yung fuel effecient pero maporma at mabilis.masyado kasi maliit yung vios ok sana.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Hintayin mo na lang pareho yung Civic at lalabas na Altis next year...Wla pa bang spied Altis?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Altis is has good fuel efficiency.

When I had mine (Altis E) I get 8-9 kms/lit on city driving with traffic yun (Makati-Mandaluyong-QC), and 20 kms/lit on highway driving (Mandaluyong to Pampanga, travelling in NLEX at constant 80 kms/hr.

I'm very conscious of measuring my mileage each time I fill up (to the brim everytime).

Hindi pa maganda ang break in ng ride ko nun. When I got it brand new, hindi ko na dinala ng province for the break in. I was mostly confined in city driving.

There was a test conducted by DOE on 1.6 liter cars. In that test, believe it or not, the Altis registered 26 kms/liter. They travelled from the Fort to Lipa via star tollway and back. They started at 4 a.m. sunday morning so walang traffic. Baka hindi sila naka air con nun kaya mataas mileage nila. Kahit ano gawin ko hindi ko makuha yung 26 kms/lit sa Altis ko eh.

The Civic is not as fuel efficient as the Altis. I know since my nephew has a 2005 Civic.

Pero di hamak na mas maganda ang ride ng Civic kaysa sa Altis, the engine is more spirited and you will love its sound in high rev. The Altis has a boomy sound when you reach 4,000 rpm.

There are trade offs to both.

Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks ningaskugon it helps me a lot. ok pla sa highway driving ang altis.pinagpipilian ko kasi yung sa vios din kasi fuel effecient.pero i made up my mind na altis na lng. bibili rin lng ako dpat yung the best na konti lng nman deperensya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In a recent Canadian 55 liter run, they ran the Altis into the ground after around 900km or so... at 16 km/l on mixed highway traffic driving, at normal speeds (up to and over 100 km/h) with overtaking and realistic acceleration (how we drive normally, not eggshell under pedal driving) and with AC running. This was the 1.8 MT, though. A 1.7 MT Civic got over 1000 km. I think the 1.6 MT Corolla would be able to beat that, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i was gonna repeat the same info.. from the DOE.

among the local 1.6L cars the altis is the best, fuel-efficiency wise. but you can't have a spirited engine and fuel-efficiency at the same time. i mean, yeah the altis gets boomy past 4000rpm but who drives past 4000rpm? that's already 140km/h in 4th gear. but then maybe that's just me. i don't drive over 3000rpm.

i really am looking forward to seeing a new altis in 2006. hopefully at not a wildly-higher price.
    Last edited by orly_andico; October 14th, 2005 at 04:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Darating ba ang hybrid na civic sa atin?

Toyota Altis 2005