New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,040
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    My average is at 8km/l city, now. before It actually runs at 6km/l city. It improved a little compared to 1st I got the car, because it has wider tires and a large heavy box for the sub. So I sold the large mags, got back to stock tires (smaller and thinner), also got rid of the heavy sub box.


    But because of the higher fuel prices today, I still want to lower the consumption even if it sacrifices power.



    If I try to sell it, how much will the price range be??
    Maganda na yang nakukuha mo na 8km/L. I once owned a 1.5L honda city and I get 9km/L in the city. Kung gusto mo talaga makatipid sa gas, maybe get an extra motorcycle for short trips.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,682
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    My average is at 8km/l city, now. before It actually runs at 6km/l city. It improved a little compared to 1st I got the car, because it has wider tires and a large heavy box for the sub. So I sold the large mags, got back to stock tires (smaller and thinner), also got rid of the heavy sub box.


    But because of the higher fuel prices today, I still want to lower the consumption even if it sacrifices power.



    If I try to sell it, how much will the price range be??
    That is actually good. My 2014 vios 1.3 barely goes 8km/liter in city driving. Around 5-6 lang yun.

    My diesel innova gets me 7km/liter.

    Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    120
    #13
    I see, well I wouldn't have any issues with this but since the start of the War, gas prices shoot up to the roof. Traffic is already going back to normal (meaning WORST), good thing we are still WFH, but once in a while we still need to go back to the office.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,046
    #14
    Agree with the comments here. 8km/l is very good is the city.

    Me and my sister are getting 9km/l (City and HR-V). I used to get 7km/l on a Mirage G4

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50,168
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I used to get 7km/l on a Mirage G4
    WHAAATT!!!
    truly?
    good gosh!

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,718
    #16
    Medyo malakas nga sa gas yung 1zz na engine ng altis.. mas matipid pa yung 2.0 mazda.. consistent naman sa 10L/100kms.. nung pandemic nasa 8L/100kms lagi yun.. hatid ako sa calamba kay misis..

    Mabigat paa ko po.. hehe

    Try nyo siguro mag accelerate faster.. para hindi bumabad sa 1st gear.. press harder then release a little para mag shift sa 2nd gear.. pag steady tapak kasi, tagal lumipat ng gear nyan

  7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    31
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    I see, well I wouldn't have any issues with this but since the start of the War, gas prices shoot up to the roof. Traffic is already going back to normal (meaning WORST), good thing we are still WFH, but once in a while we still need to go back to the office.
    You said you don't drive to work daily. Even if you do, your Altis is a great commuter car. With decent fuel consumption, relatively easy to maintain, plenty of parts available. As I see it, you don't necessarily have to replace your car, moreso if fully-paid.

    Unless you're looking for a justification, because that's what I'd do to get my hands on a new car

    Kidding aside. If you "need" to replace your car, then you must. If you "want" to, then you should.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,333
    #18
    Pointless to sell and then replace with a slightly more fuel efficient car like a 1.6 Altis.

    What you lose out in depreciation is higher than any savings on consumption.

    Iíve had both the 2.0 and 1.6 Altis. 1 km/L difference in city driving (7 km/L vs 8 km/L). If you travel 1000 km per month (thatís super generous already), then you save 1000 pesos per month.

    Imagine the hassle of selling your car, transferring ownership, dealing with potential repairs of a unit whose history you know nothing about, all for 12k/yr worth of savings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,656
    #19
    ok ba sayo mt?
    palit tayo lol

    Sent from my 22021211RG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,599
    #20
    2.0L engines are not that bad in terms of fuel efficiency, specially the more modern ones.

    If you compare them with smaller cars, of course they would look bad in terms of figures. However, you get a better-equipped car with some more oomph. Kung parang 8-9 km/L with a Vios versus 7-8 km/L with an Altis 2.0L, Doon na ako sa Altis.

    I drive an ASX 2.0L and I have no issues getting around an average of 8 km/L combined highway and city routes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Toyota 3ZR-FE