New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We bought 2014 Toyota Altis 2.0 V white pearl last June 2014 and after 1000 KM PMS, air condition malfunction when the car stop on traffic and even the car on idle or when the car stop of traffic lights. Warm air blows from air vent and compressor stop functioning. But when the car is running, the temperature inside the car is back to normal based on temp.setting. Did any owners of new Altis experienced this problem?
    Toyota service center conducted their trouble shooting and said no unusual problem noted on A/C system. We again tested the car on heavy traffic along C5 and the same problem noted on A/C. We return back the car to Toyota and they decided to replace the compressor. So far, after the replacement of compressor, A/C is functioning well.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have a problem with the AC too. I bought mine Jan 2014. ACis functioning but not that cold. I have to set at 22c for normal temp. I have not had time to return it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I have a problem with the AC too. I bought mine Jan 2014. ACis functioning but not that cold. I have to set at 22c for normal temp. I have not had time to return it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Our car is super cool even temp. setting is on 25, the only problem we encountered is that A/C malfunction when the car is not running. We are planning to file a complaints to DTI if Toyota did not fix the issue of A/C malfunction.
    We are also disappointed to sales rep. of toyota marikina, after we bought the car, he seems not interested to our concerns and not even giving us an update on our car registration and plate..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by einrenz View Post
    We bought 2014 Toyota Altis 2.0 V white pearl last June 2014 and after 1000 KM PMS, air condition malfunction when the car stop on traffic and even the car on idle or when the car stop of traffic lights. Warm air blows from air vent and compressor stop functioning. But when the car is running, the temperature inside the car is back to normal based on temp.setting. Did any owners of new Altis experienced this problem?
    Toyota service center conducted their trouble shooting and said no unusual problem noted on A/C system. We again tested the car on heavy traffic along C5 and the same problem noted on A/C. We return back the car to Toyota and they decided to replace the compressor. So far, after the replacement of compressor, A/C is functioning well.
    this sounds much like our problem with our toyota... way back in 1990! we had a pre-owned 1981 toyota whose aircon wouldn't cool when idling in traffic..
    we had the problem solved by having an auxiliary fan installed. this fan was set to function even if idling..
    is it possible that in the new 2014 model, the aux fan isn't functioning during idling and/or when engine isn't hot enough?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415