New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I remember toyota phils. releasing the turbo version of the corolla a couple of years back to counter the SiR of honda. I wonder how things are with those rare pocket rockets. I remember them releasing it without much fanfare. Will there be a comeback?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still see those once in a while. Parang sayang lang kasi mostly driven ordinarily (with driver & "amo"), they could have been happy with a GLi or XL. Sana exchange na lang kami ng car! :roll:

As for toyota releasing a turbo version of the corolla... I doubt it because it was too expensive (100K difference in selling price against the GLi). Toyota also has the Corolla 1.8G vvti which "kinda" fills the performance gap. And that model is selling pretty well.

The betterr question is will Honda release a SiR version of the current Civic? It did sell pretty well.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tom's corolla Turbo = 150hp. Talo ng SiR sa top end (and dragraces), but faster in most other applications because of low-end torque from turbo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they sold the Corolla turbo at a cheaper price, it would have made a better market impact.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung fully accessorized 1.8G costs 180k more than its base price... both aesthetics and performance tuned (mostyl on suspension and larger rims)

tom's corolla