New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mine is an innova crdi m/t bought at 2005 with odo reading at 18t+. Lately
    I noticed when my car is at 1000 rpm there is a tok tok sound just in this rpm.
    There is no tok tok sound at idling or when you press your accelerator pedal. that is the rpm is above 1000rpm. You will notice it when shifting from 1st gear to second or moving slowly at that rpm.
    I went to casa to have it check and they diagnose it was the air filter housing or the rubber connecting to the housing that cause the vibration. I hope that they diagnosis is correct. What worries me is that it might have other trouble like the turbo charger or the crdi. Since Toyota always covers up by not telling you whats the problem with their engine just like the supply pump problem of the crdi. You have to be the one to inform them and ask for replacement. When you asked them did any innova have the same problem, their answer is always negative.
    If you owned an innova crdi please check yours if you encountered same problem

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    tok tok tok like knocking?...or tik tik tik the sound of the broken fuel injector?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    tok tok tok like knocking?...or tik tik tik the sound of the broken fuel injector?
    It sounds like when your engine is underpower where in you have to shift to lower gear. It also sounds like when your muffler have a hole in it but of softer version.When you open the hood , it seems the sound came from the muffler but the technicians diagnose it came from the air cleaner housing. maybe someday i will bring to other casa for second opinion.

tok tok sound of innova crdi at 1000rpm