New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 119 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1613
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    mga Sirs, gamit ko po ay fx 5K gas 1994 model, gusto kong palitan ng auxilliary fan ang cooling fan ng radiator instead na originally ay fan sha na makina ang nagda drive thru fan belt. dahil po sa mkakabawas sa load ng makina ay malamang makatipid din sa fuel consumption. meron na po kayang gumawa ng ganitong set up?

at xensha na po kung na post na itong question ko previously , TIA sa mga mag rereply...peace...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir mcdonald,

This is doable. Normally, reputable A/C shops can do this kind of job / conversion. They will install a thermostat switch along the radiator or cooling system then hook it up on the electric driven fan. Things you need to consider though:
    1. During use of A/C, you have two options, either you can install another auxiliary fan just for the condenser, or you may install a single variable speed fan which you can use / activate during the A/C or engine cooling (same effect as the vios).
    2. Check your alternator if it still can carry the additional electrical load

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Just would like to share this stressful but learning experience I had with my gas fed FX these past few days.

Two weeks ago my FX runs very smooth and easy even on morning starts, di na kelangan apakan gas pedal, aandar na ng maayos. Kung umandar sya, sobrang pino at tahimik, para talagang bago. But just a week ago, my FX started running rough as well as experienced hard starting, may time pa nga na kumakadyot hanggang namamatay. I did my own DIY which eventually led to nothing as the problem still persist, then asked the help of a reputable nearby shop. To cut the story short, I replaced the following (Fuel Filter, Fuel Pump, Contact Point, Condenser, High tension Wires and overhauled the carburetor), but still to no avail! The mechanic even surrendered and sent me back the van (after a total of 4 days check-up and testing). I decided then to bring it to another recommended shop, which by the way, looks a lot more lousy as their shop is not that organized and a bit "makalat" I'm running out of options, that is why I said to myself, sige na nga, no choice at tumirik na. Luckily, this guy checked first the used carburetor repair kit and said that a new gasket was not installed, he opened the carburetor again and installed the gasket. The problem still occurs. He then compression checked all the cylinders and found that the cylinder 1 (valves) was loose already. To cut the story short again, my van was recommended for a top overhaul, but after removing the cylinder head, he showed me that the cylinders was a bit loose, though it is still useable, he might not guarantee its lifespan, that is why I decided to have the general overhaul. I picked-up the van just this morning and hoping that all is well already. For now, its break-in period, and I have to be gentle

Lesson learned: 1. Dont judge the cover of a book (as the case of the shop), 2. Dont loose hope, there are more capable shops than you think, 3. Having an old car requires more attention (and more money for maintenance )

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Sir mcdonald,

This is doable. Normally, reputable A/C shops can do this kind of job / conversion. They will install a thermostat switch along the radiator or cooling system then hook it up on the electric driven fan. Things you need to consider though:
    1. During use of A/C, you have two options, either you can install another auxiliary fan just for the condenser, or you may install a single variable speed fan which you can use / activate during the A/C or engine cooling (same effect as the vios).
    2. Check your alternator if it still can carry the additional electrical load
    Sir jvnj,

thank you for the reply, auxilliary fan for the A/C condenser already installed, did it myself lng more than 5 years ago with one relay and few feet of wiring. And you are right, need to check first the alternator if it can handle the additional load of electric radiator fan.

But for sure before the end of this month I am going to replace my radiator, it has been repaired many times already pero original pa din radiator, yung top part lang ang hinihinang kasi nandun ang leak pero its about time na palitan na kc 20 years na fx ko haha. thinking of 3 rows ang ipalagay instead of the original 2 rows.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir mcdonald,

20 years of service is indeed super sulit! I guess you've properly maintained your cooling system kaya kahit paano nagtagal ng ganun. Anyway, normally, gas fed fx's require 2 rows only, its the diesel that is 3 rows. But converting it to 3 rows would increase your cooling efficiency, mas mabilis magpalamig kung baga. Basta make sure Sir, that you maintain your thermostat valve (huwag tatanggalin) para mas efficient yung system lalo na yung engine. Given a chance, i'd surely switch to 3 rows din!

BTW, I also did my auxiliary fan installation. Though di naman nag ooverheat engine ko kahit tanghaling tapat, minabuti kong lagyan na rin para mas malamig yung A/C (or mas madaling lumamig). Yeah, medyo mahirap din maglagay dahil masikip na yung harapan plus madami pang nakaharang na tubo like condenser pipe & power steering. Madami din akong natutunang diskarte kaya worth it yung pagod.

Good luck Sir!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    sir newbie po ako ditto need some info po may fx ako 98 model 5k engine regarding po ito sa ac/ bago po ung compressor ng a/c sanden 508 na dual nung first ok pa nman cya pero lately pag natakbo ako at naka on a/c bigla nalang mamatay ang makina pina check ko nman na alternator nya na overhaul na pero ganun parin problema nya pinacheck ko na rin sa mekaniko ganun parin po ano kaya un? thanx.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gl98fx View Post
    sir newbie po ako ditto need some info po may fx ako 98 model 5k engine regarding po ito sa ac/ bago po ung compressor ng a/c sanden 508 na dual nung first ok pa nman cya pero lately pag natakbo ako at naka on a/c bigla nalang mamatay ang makina pina check ko nman na alternator nya na overhaul na pero ganun parin problema nya pinacheck ko na rin sa mekaniko ganun parin po ano kaya un? thanx.
    Kapag naka-on yung AC, yung compressor ang pinakamalaking load sa engine. Baka naman seize na yung bearing ng AC comp.?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Kapag naka-on yung AC, yung compressor ang pinakamalaking load sa engine. Baka naman seize na yung bearing ng AC comp.?
    brand new ung compressor sir ok naman cya smooth tumakbo walang ingay na maririnig

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gl98fx View Post
    brand new ung compressor sir ok naman cya smooth tumakbo walang ingay na maririnig
    Had an experience like that before sa Lancer ko, and compressor bearing nga nasira. Anyway, given as you mentioned na bago yung compressor mo, as well as your newly overhauled alternator, better check all electrical connections, from the battery to all terminals. Might be a possible loose connection causing the battery drain, thus the engine stall.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Had an experience like that before sa Lancer ko, and compressor bearing nga nasira. Anyway, given as you mentioned na bago yung compressor mo, as well as your newly overhauled alternator, better check all electrical connections, from the battery to all terminals. Might be a possible loose connection causing the battery drain, thus the engine stall.
    thanx sir sigro un din isa reason bakirt hard starting pa cya kelangan I crank mo pa ng ilang beses bago mag start kahit na pina overhaul ko narin alternator nya

Tamaraw FX Owners