New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 136 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1613
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nori View Post
    personal experience: main high tension wire from ignition coil to distributor cap. on high speed kasi iba yung nginig ng makina, pinalitan namin ng mas mahabang HTW umayos na takbo. either nag loose connection dahil bitin yung length o may problem yung connector mismo.
    Thanks for your suggestion sir nori. Me & my mechanic actually tried replacing the complete set of high tension cables but to no avail. Up to now still in elimination mode, though rest muna since its a holiday. Hope my FX be fixed soon, kainis kasi pah sa highway na.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ...share lang po...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ganda Sir ha! Silver Top ba yan Sir? Grabe sagad-sagad na yung makina sa Bay nyo. Care to share the performance and efficiency?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    ...share lang po...

asan po? i don't see it...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Ganda Sir ha! Silver Top ba yan Sir? Grabe sagad-sagad na yung makina sa Bay nyo. Care to share the performance and efficiency?

Thanks
    Yan po yung 'red top' 16V 4A-GE...

Nasa page 10 po yung sagot sa inyong katanungan. :D Matagal lang akong di nag-post sa thread na 'to.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for your suggestion sir nori. Me & my mechanic actually tried replacing the complete set of high tension cables but to no avail. Up to now still in elimination mode, though rest muna since its a holiday. Hope my FX be fixed soon, kainis kasi pah sa highway na.

Thanks!
    I gave up! After replacing the coil & fuel pump, nandun pa din yung problem! Kulang na lang palitan yung buong makina. Hirap talaga pag luma ang sasakyan. Haay buhay!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I gave up! After replacing the coil & fuel pump, nandun pa din yung problem! Kulang na lang palitan yung buong makina. Hirap talaga pag luma ang sasakyan. Haay buhay!
    1. intermittent. hi tension misfire at high speeds. replace ignition coil and HT cables.. ( were your replacement coil and cables in good working order?)
    check, clean, and adjust distributor. replace capacitor.

2. fuel starvation. my favorite malfunction! check carburator float level; baka mababa. (original carb yan, 'di ba? hindi karburador ng mas malliit na makina..?)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir dr. d, thank you for citing your suggestions. Kindly see below my inputs:

1. intermittent. hi tension misfire at high speeds. replace ignition coil and HT cables.. ( were your replacement coil and cables in good working order?)
    check, clean, and adjust distributor. replace capacitor. I Actually already replaced the coil, HT wires, contact point and concdenser to no avail

2. fuel starvation. my favorite malfunction! check carburator float level; baka mababa. (original carb yan, 'di ba? hindi karburador ng mas malliit na makina..?) Yes Sir, this is still the original carb. I already checked the carb float. Maintaining the float leveled upon closing. I done this by blowing air (hinihipan) during testing of the float. If leveled, its closed, but once you pull it down it passes air and passes more volume if you pull further. Still to no avail. I believe the carb is not staved as when you try to floor the pedal, the jerking goes away and you can still feel the car's pull

Yesterday, I experimented (yeah didn't gave up yet ) and tried cleaning the tubes (using carb cleaner) connecting the secondary diaphram actuator. I sprayed until I saw the spray penetrated the secondary and primary. Then viola! the problem was gone. I conclude that the cause of the jerking during high rpm / speed is that the secondary hasitates to open due to clogged line thus exhibit the effect of power hesitation.

Indeed, life a learning process! Thanks to all!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    Yan po yung 'red top' 16V 4A-GE...

Nasa page 10 po yung sagot sa inyong katanungan. :D Matagal lang akong di nag-post sa thread na 'to.
    NABUHAY!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    join ka dun sa grupongtamarawfx sa fb, bro.

Tamaraw FX Owners