New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    your belt(s) are probably loose. have them and adjusted. it's easy and there's practically no evidence or marks that you had non-casa mechanics do it. you can do it yourself, if you are mechanically inclined. just a wrench, maybe a stout screwdriver, and elbow grease. (do it with the engine still cold, in the morning. it's less painful this way.)
    I already tried pero it seems nakasagad na yung adjustment siguro nga time to replace the belt. 3 years old na rin kasi. ganon ba ang normal lifespan ng belts?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ooopppss! I keep saying 220km is the travel distance to Butuan... I actually meant 120kms only.

Sorry 'bout that.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 7391N View Post
    ilan kaya ang ime-maintain na speed.. mga 50-60kph.. ok na kaya yon?
    kahit 80 kph puwede pa yan. !st time pa lang naman marinig mo yan di ba? So hindi pa siya masyadong maluwang or pudpod.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    kahit 80 kph puwede pa yan. !st time pa lang naman marinig mo yan di ba? So hindi pa siya masyadong maluwang or pudpod.
    Nope. First time I heard it was about 6 months ago, then I had it adjusted in the casa. It stopped squealing/screeching after that.

Then it started making that noise again probably 2-3weeks ago, mildly at first but getting louder now. But it does stop after a few moments.

I don't use the A/C nowadays because of this.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    UPDATE:

I just had the belt replaced today by our friendly neighborhood mechanic. I couldn't wait for the 2 weeks the Butuan casa said it needed to order the belt from Manila.

And they couldn't even tell if the part is available in Manila!

The replacement belt was Dayco (4PK-1240) that cost 480pesos.
    Anyway, I hope the belt holds up, at least until I get hold of an OEM Toyota belt.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^3 years na rin naman yang belt mo. IMO sulit na rin yan. Next time ka na bumili kapag may squelling sound na ulit. Maa-adjust pa naman siya ulit. But if may time ka makapunta sa casa, pwede din namang bumili ka na if may budget. Sa belts ng aircon, power steering at radiator fan hindi naman kelangan lagi na OEM. IMO sa mga timing belts lang mahirap mag-tipid.

But if kaya nga ng budget, OEM na.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^correct! Timing belts should always be OEM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    According to the Toyota website FAQ, the Yaris utilize timing chain, instead of timing belts.

Here's the link for the FAQ:
    http://www.toyota.com/help/faq-service.html

But I agree that for cars with timing belts, OEM parts should be used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Squealing noise under the hood