New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Best to buy a slightly used Fort and save a bundle from depreciation cost, then wait for the next gen after the initial frenzy dies over...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    I think I read this in a car magazine a few months back and I'm not sure if it's still true. Seems like the Fortuner surpassed the Montero's sales figures last year based on some industry reports and it's also pretty evident on the roads. Doing this on the 9th year of the product life is pretty amazing.
    i think i also read that article..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    I think I read this in a car magazine a few months back and I'm not sure if it's still true. Seems like the Fortuner surpassed the Montero's sales figures last year based on some industry reports and it's also pretty evident on the roads. Doing this on the 9th year of the product life is pretty amazing.
    i think i also read that article..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The problem with waiting for a new model is by the time it is released, you may hear news of another model (same of different brand) coming out and then the confusion starts all over again.

If the current model is ok with you, buy now.

The problem with waiting for a new model is by the time it is released, you may hear news of another model (same of different brand) coming out and then the confusion starts all over again.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

yes... waiting for the next new model can sometimes end up in not buying anything at all..
    you just have to force yourself to get your purtamoneda and pull out that tight wad of bills, otherwise...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ayon sa mga bali-balita Same engine daw pero upgraded na ang transmission.. Pero ano ba ang confirmed all new ba or Facelifted lang ba itong fortuner na darating?.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    Ayon sa mga bali-balita Same engine daw pero upgraded na ang transmission.. Pero ano ba ang confirmed all new ba or Facelifted lang ba itong fortuner na darating?.
    This thread focuses on the upcoming all new model. And its already in its testing phase. the design signature is already finished. Fyi

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i've read somewhere that it's back to 2.8L and 2.4L engines with VNT, how true is that? performance improvements will come from a new tranny set (maybe 5AT or 6AT now?)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    We had the same predicament a few weeks ago. Ended up getting another brand, newest in the market.

The hype on the "new look" fortuner is coming towards the latter part of this year or early next year. Sure na daw yan, infact SA told me some have already placed their reservation (???).

If you can, waiting for 2016 model is a good idea. What's a couple of months compared to years of regret....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Ayus yan kung new transmission.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    What's a couple of months compared to years of regret....
    Couple of months? Unlikely. More like a year from now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast