1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gas! D 4 Disposable injectors.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yup, buy the gaas version.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    If somehow Toyota manages to fix the brouhaha associated with the D4-D for sure this time around, then the D4-D is the engine to get then. Like now, which is the short term, the VVTI is the best buy only bec. it is the only alternative to a problematic engine (D4-D).

Based on reviews from C! Magazine of the Innovas, Hi-Lux, and Fortuner, the reviewers (Tito Hermoso and Carl Cunanan) seem to prefer the D4-D over the VVTI all the time.

If you want faster acceleration, get the VVTi. The diesel is also more suitable for slow traffic.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I bought my J-Gas last February and I'm now on my 20,000 kms. So far, okay naman ang performance. Go gor gas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had the pleasure of testing a D4-D innova for five days, and while a great engine, particularly for the city, a gasoline engine still wins for overall comfort and performance. i think i prefer the quicker revving and the less conspicuous vibrations and heartier exhaust note of the 2.0-liter gas engine. if you'll be hitting highways often, mas maganda na yung gas, plus it's less sensitive to fuel variables and you won't have the uber-expensive injection system to worry about.

if the diesel was clearly more powerful than the gas option (like in the fortuner), it would be a more difficult choice, but i'd go for the gas engine myself.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Gasoline exhausts are more poisonous than Diesel. Most people get the notion that Diesels are bad because of its black smokes.
    di naman siguro more poisonous, just different but similarly hazardous. particulate matter from diesel exhaust will clog your lungs just as oxides of nitrogen will kill you

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Diesel actually runs dirtier than gas. Only the new Euro-spec diesels buck the trend, with better particulate filters. But a lot depends on the quality of diesel. If we followed European standards of diesel quality, there would be no disadvantage emissions wise if you went for the diesel.

Then again, if we stuck to Euro-standard diesel, we wouldn't be having the D4D problems, either. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,

if we had euro-standard diesel, sa gas na talaga ako kasi mahal na rin masyado yung diesel kung ganun hehe :D

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Eh di, naka-Euro gas na rin tayo kung ganuun.... lampas 100 pesos kada litro... (kagaya sa UK) aray!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malakas ba humatak ang GAS A/T ng innova compared sa CRV gen1 A/T?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Should I buy the Gas or Diesel Innova?