New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age is starting to catch up with me! i am seriously contemplating shifting to automatic. my question is, what is the realistic fuel efficiency of an automatic diesel innova when driven in the city? thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    minus 2-3 kms/li from the figure that d-4d m/t get.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama yung kay number001, we get around 8km/L+ in city driving with our a/t D4d; pag driver nakaka-7km/L minsan. With the m/t version we had before, 11km/L in the city siya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    7 Km/Li more or less.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    It all depends on your driving style. You can get the best fuel consumption by keeping your rpm (on 4th gear) at around 2000rpm or below. That's around 80-90kph. Avoid jack rabbit starts. In a A/T transmission the gears shifts at a certain rpm range. The faster you drive the longer it will take for the gears to shift thus you consume more fuel. It also depends on traffic condition. The heavier the traffic the more you stay on a lower gear and the more you consume fuel.

My Innova G D4D A/T averages 9-10km/liter on city driving. Highway driving 13-14km/l.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    innova g a/t - 10-11 km/l meyc to gilmore, daily
    vios 1.3 m/t - 12-13 km/l pag coding yung innova

nung nagshift ako sa a/t tinamad na ko dalhin yun vios :-)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A/T cars of the past 10 years or so have about the same FE as M/T. Driving habits and poorly maintained engine or transmission has a lot more to do with bad FE. With the advent of smarter ECM/PCMs, modern A/Ts shift gears based on engine load, speed, and driver aggressiveness, among others. In other words, it can pretty much mimmick how a human driver would shift, up to a certain extent. Besides that, using lock-up clutches, torque converter losses are almost eliminated.

Not a Toyota, but I have a Civic 1.8S A/T. It runs up to 14-17kM/L on the highway and 9-10km/L in light city traffic. I have a very light foot.
    Last edited by oj88; April 6th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

shifting to automatic