New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    I've been seeing quite a few number of the 7th gen Celica around Manila (maybe 4 or 5) . Where did they get those? it's quite unusual that i see them more often now compared before when port irene is still active. Any idea where i could get one? Any inputs about the car as well. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    to add up might buy one since it looks really good

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Naka 2zzge engine yata yan diba, same engine sa lotus yata yun, ganda nyan, medyo modern lang ang looks nya.

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    I've been seeing quite a few number of the 7th gen Celica around Manila (maybe 4 or 5) . Where did they get those? it's quite unusual that i see them more often now compared before when port irene is still active. Any idea where i could get one? Any inputs about the car as well. Thanks!
    Are they in groups when you saw these Celicas? If it is this might be the Celica Club PH. maybe.
    it might be possibly converted right from port Cagayan or Subic. Or it came from the USA that no needs conversion since it's already LHD in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    Naka 2zzge engine yata yan diba, same engine sa lotus yata yun, ganda nyan, medyo modern lang ang looks nya.

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    May base model Celica na same engine lang sa Corolla Altis yung 1ZZFE. Celica GT on the other hand has the 2ZZGE with VVTLi. and yes it's the same engine in the lotus elise and the MR2 spyder/MR-S.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Why Not to Buy a Toyota Celica - YouTube

A friend bought a Celica surplus, converted from RHD. Car’s been barely used ever since he bought it because its always in the shop being repaired.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Why Not to Buy a Toyota Celica - YouTube

A friend bought a Celica surplus, converted from RHD. Car’s been barely used ever since he bought it because its always in the shop being repaired.
    ... because the car itself is poorly designed?
    ... because the conversion was not ideal?
    ... because knowledgeable mechanics and/or parts are as rare as hens' teeth in this part of the globe?

btw,
    the link is deceptively titled.
    it critiques only one particular model and not all celicas in general.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    btw,
    the link is deceptively titled.
    it critiques only one particular model and not all celicas in general.
    Clickbait. I guess almost everyone is doing that kind of thing in youtube. But the one in the video is a 7th gen celica…

My friend is a little bit young at heart. Another example of a person choosing a car based on its external appearance. I offered him a relative’s Accord, but he chose the Celica because he said he always wanted a “sports car”.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

My friend is a little bit young at heart. Another example of a person choosing a car based on its external appearance. I offered him a relative’s Accord, but he chose the Celica because he said he always wanted a “sports car”.
    well,
    i've been admiring the toyota 86 from afar...
    even from that distance, the asking price is still very big.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    i've been admiring the toyota 86 from afar...
    even from that distance, the asking price is still very big.
    Unlike a converted Celica, the 86/BRZ does not have the chance that it is 50% junk... Well, maybe except for the reports of the 86 catching fire after undergoing the valve spring recall.

But seriously, its pretty risky buying a converted vehicle. 50/50 talaga. Minsan naman may swerte.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Unlike a converted Celica, the 86/BRZ does not have the chance that it is 50% junk... Well, maybe except for the reports of the 86 catching fire after undergoing the valve spring recall.
    i did read some 86's were indeed hot.
    does that fiery nature rub off on the BRZ as well?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast