2. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    5th gen Celica ang dream car noon.
    Never yata binenta dito before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    The first Corolla to wear the Altis badge was the E110 1.8SE-G Altis released around 1999/2000 using the 7A-FE engine, if you still remember those.

Low res pic of one I found

yup. others call it the lovelife altis.

this was before using the ZZ series engines with VVTI.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    Not in groups but individually!l last week i saw a silver GTS along SLEX i think this is the one with the 2zz. Then i saw a red one along daang hari this monday. Then yesterday i saw a black one parked at MOA. I said to myself i kept seeing these cars lately then speaking of the devil as i traverse along oceana area white one drove by. All are 7th gen celicas.
    Mukha nga rin ang daming naka celica 5th gen around alabang and evia/daang hari areas. I've just saw a 5th gen parked at evia just earlier today.

These were probably legally imported (gray market) from the US. or imported from Japan and converted right here..

TMP never officially sold the Celica here.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Mukha nga rin ang daming naka celica 5th gen around alabang and evia/daang hari areas. I've just saw a 5th gen parked at evia just earlier today.

These were probably legally imported (gray market) from the US. or imported from Japan and converted right here..

TMP never officially sold the Celica here.
    I agree! sa area na to ako nakakita madalas ng JDM imports that are really clean like parang inalagaan talaga considering some of them are almost 20 years na or more. AFAIK some 7th gen celicas are 20 years old na the 00-01 models. I just find it weird na parang ang dami ko ngayon nakikita compared before na talagang paisa isa lang per month. Coincidence lang ba na twice na may naseize ang customs this month, nabasa ko sa news nay mga old SLK's and MRS na kasama eh. These two cars are on the same year as the 7th gen celicas.

****THE PHOTO IS FOR SAMPLE ONL*** ** I always see this type of 7th gen celica with that color and body kit. Just saw it earlier today along commerce avenue in alabang. Driver looks like late 20s to early 30s

6. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    I think the owners of those celicas that i've been seeing lately are living in the south. Probably Alabang area cause i frequently see a the silver GTS along slex and a red GTS along daang hari. Saw the silver GTS thrice this week at SLEX and saw the red one twice along daang hari. Both looked new, shiny paint and all and not riced. I guess the owners took care of it since the day they acquired them. Really curious where can i get one nowadays.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    I agree! sa area na to ako nakakita madalas ng JDM imports that are really clean like parang inalagaan talaga considering some of them are almost 20 years na or more. AFAIK some 7th gen celicas are 20 years old na the 00-01 models. I just find it weird na parang ang dami ko ngayon nakikita compared before na talagang paisa isa lang per month. Coincidence lang ba na twice na may naseize ang customs this month, nabasa ko sa news nay mga old SLK's and MRS na kasama eh. These two cars are on the same year as the 7th gen celicas.

****THE PHOTO IS FOR SAMPLE ONL*** ** I always see this type of 7th gen celica with that color and body kit. Just saw it earlier today along commerce avenue in alabang. Driver looks like late 20s to early 30s
    not just 5th-7th gen celicas. Even the older generations 1st-3rd gen Celicas yun naman those are driven by people who are in late 40s to 50s. (kinda "Tito Age".) May nakita nanaman ulit akong Celica 7th gen along ATC last sunday. and a 1977 Celica liftback like this along Madrigal:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    not just 5th-7th gen celicas. Even the older generations 1st-3rd gen Celicas yun naman those are driven by people who are in late 40s to 50s. (kinda "Tito Age".) May nakita nanaman ulit akong Celica 7th gen along ATC last sunday. and a 1977 Celica liftback like this along Madrigal:

yes! ang dami nga sa area na to, i just noticed na dumami lang talaga sila. The 7th gen celica that you saw in ATC last sunday was it a silver one? cause i often see that silver celica for more than 5 years now. slex, atc, daang hari area. not sure if it's the same one but i think it is. Then now nadadagdagan na, i even saw a black celica with a new plate not just white plate but like 2014+ released plates wherein it has 3 letters and 4 numbers, meaning it's a newly plated car so i assumed that this was newly imported?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Going back to this thread, I was finally able to get my hands on a 7th gen Celica. Kinapalan ko na mukha ko when i saw the silver GTS again parked at Evia. Not sure if he is a member here in tsikot (wasn't able to ask). Wasn't able to test drive the car too since nahiya ako and i'm a perfect stranger to the owner, although mabait naman siya since he allowed me to look at his car even on the inside. His car is a B plate car so i'm assuming this came from cagayan but the interior looks perfect. I don't see cuts or anything even sa dashboard and current mileage of his car is 227,000 kms nagulat din ako considering na sobrang laki na. He said he got his car way back 2007 with 11K mileage and his daily driver eversince. Maintenance is easy for common wear and tear parts as he claimed most engine parts are interchangeable with the 1zz altis except for the coils. then the only hard part he got problems sourcing were the engine supports aside from that everything is easy.

Unfortunately the owner is not selling the car as it was a gift by his father daw although he has a friend that is selling a red one (unfortunately the GT one with the 1zz engine) for just 470k with 70K mileage. I got the number of the seller but thinking if i could do some research first before inquiring para hindi naman ako mapahiya just in case i check it and then mag back out ako after. Any inputs?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by kawkaw123 View Post
    me too that's weird
    yes kinda weird, before its understandable since rampant ang imported vehicles but now wala na talaga suddenly they emerge. Ive seen a pearl white celica GTS today and guess what? Alabang area again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast