New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xda2jojo View Post
    good idea...iwan nalang sa bahay ang original spare tire.
    Or better yet, ilagay sa loob ng kotse ang spare, assuming na walang gagamitin na function ang third row.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Or better yet, ilagay sa loob ng kotse ang spare, assuming na walang gagamitin na function ang third row.
    idea is good, perfect actually, but to some this can't be an option

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    is the original spare tire lock rust proof? i find it weird that for that amount of 3,8k+ its not even powder coated.

i don't know what that finish is called (is that galvanized, or something else)? ideas?

i was thinking, powder coating it outside or caliper paint or any sort of coating (thanks toyota), or blast it with undercoating once installed or just do both...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    buhayin lang po uli ang thread. is this enough to secure our innova's spare tire? this costs 1.8k. another masterlock costs 1.5k pero chain siya at padlock. both types are heavy and thick naman. sa tingin niyo po? thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in truth, any decent bolt cutter can cut 'most any chain you can possibly install under there. what i am more worried about is, with all the water and mud under there, will i be able to unlock the chain when it comes time to use the spare tire? a bicycle chain from shoemart will probably be just as good..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in truth, any decent bolt cutter can cut 'most any chain you can possibly install under there. what i am more worried about is, with all the water and mud under there, will i be able to unlock the chain when it comes time to use the spare tire? a bicycle chain from shoemart will probably be just as good..
    Use a good quality padlock. The Solex padlock on our Frontier never rusted on us and i clean it from time to time as well.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    okay ba ang brand na Kaco sa spare tire? eto daw ang iniissue sa toyota thailand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
securing innova spare tire