New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    [SIZE=3]Calling all corolla 1.6 16V Gl 90 model owners or previous owners....please post your feedbacks and or reviews on the performance, reliability, maintenance, fuel efficiency etc. and of course dont forget the most problems you encountered with this car. I just bought one from a friend just two weeks ago. its my first car. your feedbacks will be very much appreciated sirs.....Ride safe and God Bless to all....[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Its not mind but my auntie Car Toyota Corolla Gl I.6 Liter 16V . Until now she used this car and very reliable as long as it is properly maintan . change oil , Tune up engine . The engine still strong and never been overhauled .Remember all she replaced on the car is Battery , Brake pads and Muffler . As long as the engine is in good condition when you got the car you will have no problem at all. GOODLUCK on your new car.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have the same car as my first car (but I have driven several other cars as well) so I hope you can relate to some of my points.

I'm the 3rd owner of the car, so there are a lot that I did with it. May history na din ng accidents and when I had it, madami din nasira sa akin at nabangga na din ako, BUT, it's not the car's fault but mine.

For a first car I give it a 3 out of 5 being the highest. 3 kasi I'm one of those who go for the old school, no computers, no driving assist, no ECU, no ABS, no nothing of those that help the driver in driving the car. The small body is a pleasure to drive because you really have to drive it. Masusukat ang galing mo sa pag-handle ng FWD car. So it's a 3, not bad and good enough to ride in.

Makina: matipid, lalo na kung aalagaan mo sa check up, tune up, oil, and kung lagi mo patatakbuhin. What I did with mine is that I overhauled the top, tuned the cams, change plugs, reconditioned the distributor etc, ect, WHICH MEANS, kung fresh from the factory mo nabili halimbawa ito, or kung in tip-top shape yung makina, it will be very economical and efficient din.

Tranny: the best I guess among it's counterparts. reliable ang clutch and gearbox, tama lang ang ratios. when i had the car, tumatakbo sya ng walang gear oil, after one and half year ko nadiscover yun, akalain mo yun, no gear oil pero okay manakbo, so when I had the new gear oil from castrol, ang lupet, ang sarap mangambyo. it's not easy like yung mga bago manual pero the best kasi you really need to hone your skills to get the optimum performance

Suspension: Not bad at all pero pwede pang ma-improve, don't load more than 3 people at the back, dapat hanggang 2000kgs lang ang max na karga kasi above that problema na. pero kung solo drive ka, the best pare. sarap isingit sa trapik, lalo na kung ramdam mo ung understeer pero mababawi mo, sarap iharurot sa kurbada, the back end should be improve kasi torsion bar type lang pero overall, one of the best handling FWD car of its time

All others: Brakes, dapat upgrade mo kung medyo hataw ka. Exhaust, a good header kit will improve power. Accessories, sorry pare, hindi ako mahilig sa ganun e. Ayaw ko ng may sounds at aircon sa kotse ko e hehehe. BUT, I want an Underglow system, siguro RED para astig, hahaha

Comfort, downside e little leg room sa likod, nothing amazing really, trunk is fine, pede lagyan ng tao, hehehe.

Pero this is the one factor that really appeals, magaan ang small body, kaya naman efficient yung takbo nya at okay ang handling.

But eto pa ang isa: The small body corolla is one of the best cars na masarap pormahan, bihisan. Magastos pero swabe, it will easily blend in as performance tuner kung talagang aayusan.

I can't put all my ideas here kasi kulang to, let's just say I love my car I even gave it a name, SOPHIA, and she will be the only car I can have all my life. I have her for 3 years now and it always seem that I just bought it yesterday.

Goodluck with the car, take care of her and she'll rock your world pare. Seriously!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by otep114 View Post
    I have the same car as my first car (but I have driven several other cars as well) so I hope you can relate to some of my points.

I'm the 3rd owner of the car, so there are a lot that I did with it. May history na din ng accidents and when I had it, madami din nasira sa akin at nabangga na din ako, BUT, it's not the car's fault but mine.

For a first car I give it a 3 out of 5 being the highest. 3 kasi I'm one of those who go for the old school, no computers, no driving assist, no ECU, no ABS, no nothing of those that help the driver in driving the car. The small body is a pleasure to drive because you really have to drive it. Masusukat ang galing mo sa pag-handle ng FWD car. So it's a 3, not bad and good enough to ride in.

Makina: matipid, lalo na kung aalagaan mo sa check up, tune up, oil, and kung lagi mo patatakbuhin. What I did with mine is that I overhauled the top, tuned the cams, change plugs, reconditioned the distributor etc, ect, WHICH MEANS, kung fresh from the factory mo nabili halimbawa ito, or kung in tip-top shape yung makina, it will be very economical and efficient din.

Tranny: the best I guess among it's counterparts. reliable ang clutch and gearbox, tama lang ang ratios. when i had the car, tumatakbo sya ng walang gear oil, after one and half year ko nadiscover yun, akalain mo yun, no gear oil pero okay manakbo, so when I had the new gear oil from castrol, ang lupet, ang sarap mangambyo. it's not easy like yung mga bago manual pero the best kasi you really need to hone your skills to get the optimum performance

Suspension: Not bad at all pero pwede pang ma-improve, don't load more than 3 people at the back, dapat hanggang 2000kgs lang ang max na karga kasi above that problema na. pero kung solo drive ka, the best pare. sarap isingit sa trapik, lalo na kung ramdam mo ung understeer pero mababawi mo, sarap iharurot sa kurbada, the back end should be improve kasi torsion bar type lang pero overall, one of the best handling FWD car of its time

All others: Brakes, dapat upgrade mo kung medyo hataw ka. Exhaust, a good header kit will improve power. Accessories, sorry pare, hindi ako mahilig sa ganun e. Ayaw ko ng may sounds at aircon sa kotse ko e hehehe. BUT, I want an Underglow system, siguro RED para astig, hahaha

Comfort, downside e little leg room sa likod, nothing amazing really, trunk is fine, pede lagyan ng tao, hehehe.

Pero this is the one factor that really appeals, magaan ang small body, kaya naman efficient yung takbo nya at okay ang handling.

But eto pa ang isa: The small body corolla is one of the best cars na masarap pormahan, bihisan. Magastos pero swabe, it will easily blend in as performance tuner kung talagang aayusan.

I can't put all my ideas here kasi kulang to, let's just say I love my car I even gave it a name, SOPHIA, and she will be the only car I can have all my life. I have her for 3 years now and it always seem that I just bought it yesterday.

Goodluck with the car, take care of her and she'll rock your world pare. Seriously!
    Thanks so much sa input mo bout this car pare. i knew it from the very first instinct that this car is really a good buy for a low budget first car. na try ko na kahapon with three people at the back i takbo ng medyo malayo and guess what...stable pa rin sya and malakas pa rin humatak. ang problema ko lang is that malakas ang pressure pag binuksan ko ang oil cap na umaandar. sabi nila may blow by na daw sya pero hindi naman siya gaano nagbabawas ng langis. got the car for 80k and sabi ng friend ko wala na ako ipapagawa pa. now this. kung may blow by man siya, any idea kung magkano magastos ko sa repair? kasi kung pabayaan ko lang baka lalong malaki magagastos ko. what do you say pare....

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Tol, may pressure talaga yun pag binuksan mo na umaandar, pero hindi dapat ganun kalakas. Hmmm, tol intindi ko sa blow by is tumatagas na langis somewhere sa combustion chamber which means kelangan mo at least ipacheck ang piston rings at siguro kataasan na is top overhaul. tol, suggest ko lang, palitan mo na timing belts at ung iba pang belts para at least back to fresh belts sa yo. ginigawa ko lahat pinapagawa ko is naka-file sa pc ko, and with the corresponding kilometer reading para alam ko kung gaano na katagal ang mga pinalit ko na pyesa. back to the oil pressure, makikita mo yan din sa next oil change mo, at least makikita ung itsura nung langis sa loob at ung filter mapapalitan, try mo inspect yung langis sa dip stick, pag amoy sunog, may tagas nga and as i said, top overhaul ang katapat nyan, labor cost siguro 2k-3k plus parts pag meron palitan...rough estimate yun tol dito da amin sa batangas, i don't know if that will be the same in your area, hope this helps

Rolla 90 GL 1.6 16V Review