New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    i did not actually see where the adjustment was made. but i was told that they replaced some rubber components. 2009 innova is my ride.

have seen an improvement and the ride is leveled now two years since. mine had an 1inch clearance difference between driver side and passenger side.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    i did not actually see where the adjustment was made. but i was told that they replaced some rubber components. 2009 innova is my ride.

have seen an improvement and the ride is leveled now two years since. mine had an 1inch clearance difference between driver side and passenger side.
    do you remember if you done an alignment afterwards? if not, i guess it could be the cabin mounts to the chassis rail - wild guess though.

i'll just check with the dealer. hopefully this is covered by the d*mn warranty. cheers

i'll keep this thread updated

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nope. i did not do alignment afterwards. they would not remove your shocks or anything na pangilalim. rubber spacers lang talaga ilalagay. unless there's another reason why it is misaligned.

it should be covered by the warranty. if they tell you it's not, then complain to the CRO.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Yung sa akin new toyota innova v. 2 weeks ago ko lang nakuha. Ganun din sinukat ko. Mas lower ng cguro .25 inch yung sa front left side kaysa sa front right side. I think normal lang naman yata ito unless na super halata. Ganun yata design ng innova sa suspension nila.Basta as long as walang ingay yung ilalim pag daan sa lubak then the very small difference would be ok with me

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hahaha. just noticed this with my 4 month old innova as well. Di naman talaga halata. ayoko muna ipakalikot. mahirap na. medyo nadala na ko sa experiences ko before, lagi akong namu-murphys law. i'll try to fix a very minor thing tapos lalong lumalala

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok, had mine services for 5k and had the ride height inspected.

Toyota plan DID NOT include the loading requirements during the assembly as the SA told me. All assembly was done in such a way that nothing is inside the vehicle including fuel! - st*p*d i know considering that the tank is not balanced (just on the left side).

ALL innova's suffer this ride height problem. In the showroom wherein the gas tank does not contain anything, is level, but not on innova's rolling on the road with gas tanks not empty, moreover the driver's weight.

Toyota plant has released a 10mm spacer that is placed in cabin mount points 2 and 3 LH. In an unladen position, all stock, tires properly inflated, spare tire mounted, gas tank full, the ride height is exactly level on both LH/RH.

The way I see it, this should have been classified as a recall/repair by Toyota Philippines. Ironically, they won't do this stuff unless a customer asks them to do so. If the customer is out of warranty, then he/she will definitely shoulder the expenses given the prevailing situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ride height problem in innova