New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I am driving a Revo SR 2001 2L Diesel and there are times that I encounter a weird problem.

Let us say I'm accelerating going from 60 - 80 kph and I'm in the 4th gear, pressing on the gas pedal, the engine working. Then suddenly, at around 70 kph, the engine stops working (but is still on), as if you released the gas pedal. No jerking like an engine brake, the engine just stopped roaring.

When my speed dropped to 60 kph, I re-pressed on the gas pedal again and it worked fine from that point on.

This problem occurs once in a while, and on different speeds/gears. What do you think is the problem? I passed by at Shell Tiendesitas and asked if the fuel filter should be replaced, and the mechanic told me that the fuel filter is fine.

There are several suspects:

1. fuel filter
    2. fuel pump
    3. air/water in the fuel line

I hope you can help me out! It is hard to prove/show during a test drive because the problem occurs in a random manner.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    When was the last time you changed the air filter?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I had a similar problem but on a different vehicle. My 1st gen Starex Club had that same issue. Minsan humahataw at minsan paranag feel mo eh ayaw niya na maski naka floor ka naman sa pedal. I went to a bunch of casa to have it checked it out and cost a total of more than P30k pero ganun parin ang naging problema. In the end I got fed up and checked the vehicle myself, in the end I just had to fix the clutch and my problem got fixed.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    When was the last time you changed the air filter?
    don't remember, but when I had change oil/oil filter last weekend, binomba yung air filter ng compressed air, hindi naman pinalitan. should I replace my air and fuel filters ?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    I had a similar problem but on a different vehicle. My 1st gen Starex Club had that same issue. Minsan humahataw at minsan paranag feel mo eh ayaw niya na maski naka floor ka naman sa pedal. I went to a bunch of casa to have it checked it out and cost a total of more than P30k pero ganun parin ang naging problema. In the end I got fed up and checked the vehicle myself, in the end I just had to fix the clutch and my problem got fixed.
    what excatly did you adjust in your clutch? replaced clutch disc?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since its a old-school diesel then its looks to be a mechanical item. Have the fuel system and your clutch checked first.

When the engine loses power, does the RPM rev up freely or it's just "sakal" and refuses to rev up?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    baka yung accelerator cable?
    pero baka nga po clutch..

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Does the check engine lights on?
    Possible problem:
    Fuel filter can be clogged..Do you always drive to empty before filling up?

Do the vehicles eat oil..If so there is a loss of compression which =loss of power.

Do the vehicles drinking coolant .. If so there is a loss of compression which =loss of power.

Spark plugs, wires, ignition coil and distributor cap. These will show the most symptoms in wet weather.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; May 27th, 2009 at 06:32 AM.

Revo stops accelerating