New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've used a Revo GLX diesel on several occasions (up to Baguio once). The power is good, gear ratios are well-matched, and it can take the weight of the car very easily however the engine needs a heavy foot if you want get a-goin (its not the fastest diesel AUV). Top speed on the NLEX with a medium load (4 passengers plus some baggage) was 140kph. I'd definitely get this over the Revo 1.8 gasoline and the Crosswind XT.

Downside to this is i didnt like the handling too much given the small 14" rims with 185/65R14 tires.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks for the info vinj! About fuel consumption and maintenance , ok rin ba itong glx diesel? Need your input mga fellow tsikoters, kelangan ko na kasi magdecide this week baka kasi matuloy na yung excise tax ng maihabol ko pa, sayang din naman. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    between gas and diesel, I'd choose diesel for fuel efficiency whether revo diesel or isuzu crosswind. between crosswind and revo, If you can get an XTO, get it. XT does not have the amenities of the GLX. handy rin yung power mirrors and central locking mechanism ng XTO w/c the XT does not have. I don't mind the rattle and noise the isuzu makes. but if you can live without the power features, i'd still go for the XT. I like the durability and responsiveness or the 4JA1 isuzu engine. matagal na rin namang engine ang 4JA1 - 1988 pa pala yun. as for it's pulling power, walang kaduda-duda malakas sya. never mind the top speed -- hirap sya mag 140kph- but it can certainly haul a lot of load.
    but in the end, it's your personal taste and driving style that you should consider.
    Last edited by rsnald; August 25th, 2003 at 09:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas masarap i rev ang x-wind kesa revo diesel parang may katok ang tunog ng revo. isuzu pinong pino hehehhe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if u decide for xto (la na to sa market) try to pm boknoyxtrm2001 baka makatulong...........

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the info! Sa iba pang may crosswind at revo dagdag input pa para makadecide na ako. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of course crosswind na, i have one (XUVi), one year old na and 1 month, okay na okay ang performance niya in terms of fuel consumption and pulling power. Speed, I was able to peg it at 138kph at NLEX. Mas stable at a heavier load. Inakyat ko na once sa Baguio with sitting capacity and luggages, sisiw na sisiw sa kanya ang slope sa Marcos Highway. Choose the manual tranny, may lag kasi ang A/T sa acceleration.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Opposing view...

I just can't deal with the rickety-rack sound emanating from the 4ja1 Isuzu engine. Even with all the windows closed, it sounded like a screwdriver is tapping against the frame. I'd imagine going nuts with that annoyance.

Got myself the GLX diesel last year with the more powerful 2L engine (86 vs 78(?) for the Isuzu), and never looked back. ;)

Top speed I got at SLEX is 140, with four adult overweight men on board (including me :D) and two women. All power features, not too high for the vertically challenged. Also, liftback rear door also appeals to me. Personally, I don't think the hinges of the Xwind can handle the stress of carrying that deadweight of a spare tire for very long. I'd save on the trouble of dealing with a potential deformation 'down the road'. But that's just my opinion...

Managed to maintain an average of 11.5 - 12 km/liter over 10,000 km. Pretty economical considering my heavy foot. Trip to Baguio? Chicken... :D

Feels and looks like a station wagon the more I use it. The 195/70x14 wheels guarantee efficient torque generation. Easy to dress up with the multitude of components available in the aftermarket. Saved on a couple of rear-end bruises thanks to the bullbars I installed last Christmas.

All in all, I got a great deal for my 715K. I'm loving the car ever so dearly every time I take it out.

So would you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd agree with Mr. Newcomer on the rear hinges of the new crosswind series starting w/ the XTRM up to the XUVi. mukhang yun ang masisira sa kanya in the long run. kaya nga mas gusto ko yung XTO kahit di sya macho looking. sleek and aerodynamic naman sya.

powerwise, yes the 2L engine is more powerful but not 86 vs. 78bhp, it's 81 for the manual and 85 for the turbo-boosted matic transmission But the isuzu makes up for it in terms of torque (170 nm vs. 165 nm--for the matic, even more at 189nm). but don't be guided solely by these specs. kung ako sayo, better test drive both, get a feel of the interior. consider your purposes for getting the car, do you intend to carry lots of load, or madalas ba na solo flight ka lang? you want space for the driver and passengers or space for loading things? you want engine durability? speed? - forget diesel in this case, get a car...are you a utilitarian (which I am , I treat my XTO like a work-horse) when it comes to car use or are the type who likes dressing up a car. All this will contribute to your long term satisfaction. sabi nga nung isang old timer na nag-advise sakin when I had to decide w/c car I wanted, whichever car you choose, mahalaga you're happy with your decision regardless of what others say.

hope this helps, or did you get more confused :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mabuhay itong thread! hahaha

since wala nang XTO in the market. I like to compare XT with GLX(diesel)

Sympre lamang ang GLX sa amenities. And weird lang dito eh mas mahal parin ang XT compared to GLX.

In terms of fuel consumption and HP power naman, pasin ko lang na parang swabe tumakbo ang isuzu compared to toyota. Ung toyota parang umu utot utot pag pinapatakbo mo.

Guys, need your inputs naman on fuel consumption of XT vs. GLX. totoo ba na and XT could run a 15-19KM/L while GLX could only run 11-15KM/L. same driving conditions ah.

Ive been thinking for a long time now on what kind of car to buy. I hav considered vios and city kasi matipid. pero mas sanay ako mag drive ng mataas na eh. and mas matipid parin ang diesel. Another thing is important din sa akin ung amenities like power windows and side mirrors, rear defogger or wiper. Important din sa akin ung fuel consumption.
    Last edited by dieselNUBI; January 2nd, 2005 at 01:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
REVO GLX 2.4 diesel o GLX gas o Isuzu na XTO