New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum... Thank God this forum exists...

I own a REVO SR 2003. I'm trying to remove the head light assembly (along with the park and signal light assembly). I already unlocked all the screws and the whole assembly is partially moving in all directions. Unfortunately, I cannot still totally remove the assembly. I looked at the back of the head light and there was a pin or rod (approx. 1/4" in diameter X 3" long) attached on it that prevents the assembly from being moved further (sideways). I tried to pull the assembly going to front or back but to no avail. I looked under the hood and there was some kind of clamp between the assembly and the front or bumper plastic cladding that prevents it from dis-engaging.

Do I need a special tool to remove the head light assembly? Or I just missed some procedures? I need your help guys...

Thanks in advance...

Isabroco

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i guest you just missed some procedures..

ano po itsura ng headlight assembly ninyo? pang gen2 or pang gen3 revo

gen1 revo = glass headlight with built in yellow foglight (1998-2001)
    gen2 revo = plastic headlight with foglight directly beneath the headlight (2001-03)
    gen3 revo = plastic headlight with foglight on the edge of the bumber (2003-2005)

usually kasi meron din screw sa ilalim ng headlight assembly for gen1 and gen2, kelangan pa tanggalin din yung small body panel.. kung minsan kelangan din tanggalin yung grille..

why po ninyo remove headlight?

REV SR 2003 Head Light Removal Problem