New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess you should know by now that no other Toyota SUV has such a solid following and decorated history as the Land Cruiser. I don’t see that changing any time in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the toyota customer blind loyalty is the envy of the automotive world.
    but in-house rivalry, toyota versus toyota...
    i'd wait and see.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the toyota customer blind loyalty is the envy of the automotive world.
    but in-house rivalry, toyota versus toyota...
    i'd wait and see.
    If the Crown SUV is sold in our shores, maybe you can buy one and we can have a comparo with EQ’s Land Cruiser.

On Toyota SUV sales, it’s the Fortuner which takes the big piece of the pie locally. The Land Cruiser, despite its near 5M price point, outsells the Alphard, Camry, FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4. In 2020, the Land Cruiser sold more units than the FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4 combined.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    If the Crown SUV is sold in our shores, maybe you can buy one and we can have a comparo with EQ’s Land Cruiser.

On Toyota SUV sales, it’s the Fortuner which takes the big piece of the pie locally. The Land Cruiser, despite its near 5M price point, outsells the Alphard, Camry, FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4. In 2020, the Land Cruiser sold more units than the FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4 combined.

that's only one slice of the sandwich.
    shouldn't we wait for the other slice to arrive, before we fight for possession of the sandwich?
    for all we know, the second slice won't arrive and there won't be nuthin' to argue over.

or,
    we can wait and watch the furriners who have both slices, do the arguin'.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    That "Crown" SUV is just the Chinese version of the Highlander XSE.

It's not coming here, much like every other Toyota US/CN SUV. No one's gonna buy it anyway unless they start making it in ASEAN.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

It's not coming here, much like every other Toyota US/CN SUV. No one's gonna buy it anyway unless they start making it in ASEAN.
    If this launches in Thailand, then there will be a possibility.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

With a 3.5L V6 gas engine, no way it’s going to be sold here. ToyotaPH even stopped selling the Camry 3.5L V6 long time ago.

If you want a Toyota car or SUV with a big gas engine, look to the models offered by Lexus. The IS350, ES350, and RX350 are really nice cars.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Land Cruiser, despite its near 5M price point, outsells the Alphard, Camry, FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4. In 2020, the Land Cruiser sold more units than the FJ Cruiser, Prado, and RAV4 combined.

The current Landcruiser is on the Pedestal formerly occupied by the Pajero in the early 90's.
    A car/SUV majority of people aspire to own. It alludes a superior presence with its height and size giving the impression that you have arrived.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    The current Landcruiser is on the Pedestal formerly occupied by the Pajero in the early 90's.
    A car/SUV majority of people aspire to own. It alludes a superior presence with its height and size giving the impression that you have arrived.
    Same with the Hiace. it is on the pedestal occupied by the former L300 Versa Van in the 80's and 90's.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    With a 3.5L V6 gas engine, no way it’s going to be sold here. ToyotaPH even stopped selling the Camry 3.5L V6 long time ago.

If you want a Toyota car or SUV with a big gas engine, look to the models offered by Lexus. The IS350, ES350, and RX350 are really nice cars.

Wala na atang 3.5L V6 this current generation Highlander, i think they are all hybrid models. the only 3.5L V6 engine in the TMP lineup was the Alphard. The bigger ones 4.0L is on the Prado and Fj.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    vehicles on a pedestal,
    are a target from challengers from all sides.
    one can not stay up there forever.
    the wheel turns.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast