New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yahoo!

i've finally gotten my gold rav4...

here's my initial review:

- nice closely spaced tranny, shifts very quickly... but newbies will have a hard time with it (i think)
    - torque, torque and torque!
    - sounds like a small diesel engine (is it because of the vvt-i?)
    - the brakes bite hard (all disk brakes)
    - nice commanding view of the front
    - very spacious inside, even the rear seats can incline
    - the j grille looks fabulous... makes the car more muscular... the spoiler also compliments the muscular look

- many options were skipped... double locking doors, vehicle immobilizer, the 2 DIN stereo system with the integrated info system, headlight level adjuster,

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Congrats on your new acquisition! You are most welcome to join the RAV4 group at TACP. Maybe you can come to the TACP Christmas party this 14 DEC. Just surf the website www.toyotaclubph.com for details...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi guys, im new here..wuld like to hear your inputs..we are planning to buy a car..its either SUV or sedan type- if SUV- wuld RAV4 be the best choice? how about CRV or FORD ESCAPE? if sedan- wuld an altis 1.6V be a better choice over civic1.8s? pls help???!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Latest models ba sa mga SUV-types.
    Among the three, I leave out the Ford Escape. Medyo luma na design. Its due for a major change.

About the Gen III RAV4, hindi "bang for the buck" purchase. Very expensive for the trim. The Mitsubishi Outlander would perhaps be a better car in this respect.

That leaves the CRV. New engine, new design. Reasonable ang price.

Don't get me started sa FC. Kasi kon SUV hanap mo you probably won't mind the cost. Otherwise, the sedans will always be there. And between the current Altis and Civic, i'll go with the latter just for the engine and transmission.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi bro,
    thanks for your nice input..but we have decided to get the rav4..most of my friends and relatives kasi ay ito ang recommend..i know all of them are good naman..it all depends na lang siguro kung ano mas prefer mo..thanks again..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1164_r_a_t View Post
    hi bro,
    thanks for your nice input..but we have decided to get the rav4..most of my friends and relatives kasi ay ito ang recommend..i know all of them are good naman..it all depends na lang siguro kung ano mas prefer mo..thanks again..
    Congrats on your Rav4 purchase!

You can also check out the local Rav4 forums at www.GrupoRav4.com

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks bro, actually we have not purchased yet..we are about to pa lang..hahahaha..sana hindi magbago..kasi gusto rin namin CRV..anyway thanks for the info regarding the rav4group website....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi mga bros,
    can anyone refer a place to buy/ install rav4 accessories- like over fender-? yung may good quality/ workmanship and yet reasonable price?? please share your inputs/info...thanks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Rav4 Reviews