New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hello guys!!
    My rav has an annoying rattle - knocking sound whenever the car vibrates as the clutch is slowly released in uphill. It is not the metel-to-plastic or plastic-to -plastic ratling sound. It is a metal to metal rattle sound. When the car vibrates, the plastic-to-metal sound (not annoying) is heard, then as it vibrates harder, the metal-to-metal rattle is heard. It is like a glass cup being hit by a spoon rattle. The wiper motor (other forums said this is the cause) was held back, yet the vibration is still heard. Even if the car is not running and tap hard the spare tire holder until it vibrates.

I did this: removed the door pannel, spare tire and the plastic tire cover, then continously tap hard the spare tire metal holder. as the vibration gets stronger, the metal rattle is heard so loud. it seems comming from and between the metal frame of the door.

Can anyone help me please???

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    baka yung rubber mo sa pintuan masyado ng malambot i think kelangan ng palitan ng bago or puede rin palitan ng surplus galing japan mismo

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    sorry am looking for a copy of rv4 owner's manual- lost mine! Can anyone help?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried it with your tire dismounted? When the door is open it also occurs? Try also to check the bushings of the door mounts as this may have caused the door to sag down and misalign over time.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    here is the solution.....and not coverred by warranty.............
    http://rav4faq.kerkerinck.de/xa2/tsb..._Hecktuere.pdf

RAV4 rear door (5th) rattle