New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    20k yata for the pair (depending on the unit in particular... mine cost about 16k for the Xwind)... the controller, I don't know... between 4k to 8k yata.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *niky,
    so how did the Crosswind ride after installing the Ranchos?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Terribly. My front shocks are shot, so the rear end stays planted and the front end see-saws up and down against the rear axle. I'm replacing the front shocks next.

The adjustability of the Ranchos mean that I can tune it for comfort, but because my fronts are shot, we can't balance it yet. Waiting for a budget to buy new shocks for the front.

If you have the budget to buy a full set of four, I strongly suggest this is what you do. :thumbup:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahaha! Yeah, you're ride should really be terrible if a shock absorber or two is/are shot. Happened to my Camry before, both right ones were shot. Felt like I was seated directly on the ground.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    just bought a 2008 LC120 Prado, medyo matagtag sya. any one out there who replace their OEM Shocks with Rancho Shocks ?

hi what did you finally use shock absorbers for yuor prado? and how is it?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yep, the Prado's ride is a bit stiff, so I replaced the OEM shocks with Old Man Emu shocks. Ride was then smoother, but not as soft as that on my former Gen 1 Exped. Despite the softer shocks, the Prado was not bottoming out when full, nor swaying during high speed runs with crosswinds. Stability was still good.

I'm not sure, but I think Bilstein and Rancho may be a bit stiffer than OME. Not sure how they are against stock. You'll know right away when you drive off from the shop. I forgot the name of the shop that installed my OMEs, but they did say they'd take my OMEs off and put the OEMs back if the ride didn't improve. Not sure if they'd push through on such though. Hehe!

hi just like to ask, whats the best soft ride of shock absorber u came across for Prado.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where is this RATS shop located sir?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Rancho Shocks on LC120 Prado