New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lotec View Post
    UPDATE:

I went to a Toyota dealership. Compared two VIOS. Got the engine running for a few minutes to reach a sufficiently hot temperature. Turned-off the engine, then half-start (electricals only). Presto! Nag-on din yung engine fan. Waited a few minutes without turning the engine on, then the fan stopped.

Conclusion? In short, it's normal. However, it begets further questions. Is the coolant not effective (remember this is a new car)? Is the engine running abnormally hot? I run it only for a few minutes in idle mode,.i.e, I'm not actually driving the car, just letting the engine run?

To eliminate any doubts, I'm just getting a Civic...
    That is normal, either its cooling system is perfectly normal. Most engines today have to maintain its operating temperature to be more efficient. I think honda cars are the same. Halos lahat ng bago car ganon except fortuner propeller type kasi wala sya aux fan...remember when you operate the aircon the sequence of radiator/condenser fans varies depending on your setting or whenever the compressor engages the fan also runs even if your engine is cold. Some fans have 2 speeds to perfectly maintain the engine's operating temp and to minimize on and off operation.
    Last edited by shadow3616931; May 21st, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lotec View Post
    UPDATE:

I went to a Toyota dealership. Compared two VIOS. Got the engine running for a few minutes to reach a sufficiently hot temperature. Turned-off the engine, then half-start (electricals only). Presto! Nag-on din yung engine fan. Waited a few minutes without turning the engine on, then the fan stopped.

Conclusion? In short, it's normal. However, it begets further questions. Is the coolant not effective (remember this is a new car)? Is the engine running abnormally hot? I run it only for a few minutes in idle mode,.i.e, I'm not actually driving the car, just letting the engine run?

To eliminate any doubts, I'm just getting a Civic...
    I don't think it's a design defect in any way. It may have just been configured that way after careful R&D. The current Vios (being an entry-level sub-compact sedan) may not have the intricate circuits and intelligence to retard the operation of the fans until after the engine has been running. Just a nuisance, IMO... nothing to lose sleep over.

Oh and good choice on the Civic, though.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks to all who replied. I'm enlightened.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    btw, how many engine/radiator fan is/are there in a vios 2005-2007 1.5G?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Question sa VIOS engine fan...