New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Im from Davao City. I also had the problem with the rattling sound on the left side of the panel. During my 1st 1000km check-up, I told the service supervisor about my concern. They said that the problem was inside the air duct under the steering wheel in which they open the panel and fix the problem. After getting the car from the casa, my first option was to check if the rattling sound if its still there and nawala ang problema. Guys, I hope this will help address your concerns.

However, I have another observation regarding the whistling sound in the engine when I am in low gear(1st & 2nd). Gusto ko lang malaman if you have the same problem or observation? Ask ko na rin kung normal lang ba yung whistling sound?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    OT : sir silver . anong variant po nakuha niyo ? plano sana namin kumuha ng altis .magkano po discount and ano mga freebies nakuha niyo sir ? pa pm po sana kung sino SA niyo . thanks a lot sir !

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DYC View Post
    Hi guys re the stereo. brought mine to casa and told them the problem lucky me they say that they will replace my head unit. after 1 week i'll bring back my car daw. so i waited for the new stock. On sept 3 i brought it back to casa to be replaced, so far so good.

My friend say i was lucky daw. kasi when she brought hers to casa 1 week later from me, the casa says that pioneer has issued a memo na dapat pullout the unit for 1 week. Hindi na ata replacement.
    Me too! I complained with Toyota Makati about the stereo when I did my 5000km check a couple of weeks ago. They said they will order a new head unit for me. This week lang dumating yung new head unit ko so I went back to Toyota Makati yesterday, they installed the new stereo, and so far so good too! Yehey!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    hmm i'm just wondering why it has to be 3 days to fix daig pa ang nagpa maintainance ng ac...buy anyway i hope your right bro to get rid that irritating sound sa kotse natin...hope to hear you soon...
    afaik, isisingit lang nila yan sa work load nila. pag libre lang yung tao nila saka lang mag aasign ng tao to work on your vehicle. parang di nila priority yung ganyang warranty claim.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2008 View Post
    Im from Davao City. I also had the problem with the rattling sound on the left side of the panel. During my 1st 1000km check-up, I told the service supervisor about my concern. They said that the problem was inside the air duct under the steering wheel in which they open the panel and fix the problem. After getting the car from the casa, my first option was to check if the rattling sound if its still there and nawala ang problema. Guys, I hope this will help address your concerns.
    I brought my car in for the 5k PMS and specifically asked the SA to check the rattling sound under the dash as you mentioned. Hopefully, the remedy you prescribed will also rid the irritating noise from my Altis.

I will know later if we have already zeroed in on the problem.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Sir Razor,

Humbly ask lng po about sa 5K PMS niyo po sir. Was the rattling sound fixed? Nawala na ba totally yon Rattling sound ng altis?

Thanks po sir!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ^ Yup. No more rattling sound. It seems that the loose air duct under the dash was indeed the problem as reported above.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I am glad that you rattling sound has been addressed.

By the way, I have another observation regarding the whistling sound in the engine when I am in low gear(1st & 2nd). Gusto ko lang malaman if you have the same problem or observation? Ask ko na rin kung normal lang ba yung whistling sound?

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    This isnt isolated on the corolla. I own the new Camry,rattles sometimes on the dash board,and doors. All i do is press on them or tap it and its gone. But the one sa labasan ng aircon sa middle di nawawala,I plan to service it next week. Same issues din with my friends Fortuner. Nakakainis considering the amount we all pay.

But,there was one post that I saw whch actually makes sense..

"Cars Nowadays are so silently built that you can hear all the little noises inside"

It actually makes sense,I saw pa in one post na according to survey,mas maraming complaints on interior rattles and noises this past years new models. The old models usually had noisier engines or you hear the outside environment a whole lot more...

But still its not an excuse,they should still get rid of the noise hehe. I guess I should have followed what they always say na not to buy a new model on its 1st year coz usually the problems are usually not yet all sorted out

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gud day mga sirs, question lng po.. kasi nagtanong ako sa toyota shaw regarding the rattling sound sa may driver side, sabi nila sakin it will take 2-3days kasi tatangalin nila un dashboard ng sasakyan pati un cover sa gilid ng windshield.. ask ko lng kung meron nang nagpagawa ng ganito?? concern lng kasi bago pa un altis tpos bubuksan agad un dashboard. thank you..

Problems with the TOYOTA corolla 10th Gen