New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good day to all members.

I would like to ask for some suggestions or help for my problem regarding my Land Cruiser (Local Version Series 80). This problem started about a month ago. It is regarding the transmission.

The problem is when the vehicle is not on motion but the engine is running, I can shift gears (1st and 2nd gears) without any problems but when the vehicle is on motion, shifting from the said gears is kinda difficult. Im not having trouble shifting to other gears (3rd,4th,5th,reverse). (Sa 1st and second gears lang talaga my problema. Pumapasok or kumakagat siya pero nahihirapan. Hindi naman dumudulas at hindi naman nag jajam).

I've change my clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, and gear oil a year ago. The travel distance since the change of these is just above 4000 kilometers. I can say that I'm not a "clutch driver".

Hope you can help me. Maybe some of you guys experienced same problems/related problem regarding this kind of transmission problem.

Thank you so much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I havent experienced that with the LC80 we use (although we had a niggling clutch problem); on the Pajero of a relative before we had that kind of problem and it was the synchronizer that was the culprit.

Try also checking out 4x4ph.com as there are some LC guys on board there. ;)

Problem on Manual Transmission of Toyota LAnd Cruisers Series 80