New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    What's the difference? I see some with GL and other with the Q badge at the back. Some have none at all. Are there any other variants? Malabo kasi when I search the trims and models

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    What's the difference? I see some with GL and other with the Q badge at the back. Some have none at all. Are there any other variants? Malabo kasi when I search the trims and models

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Leathe seats on the Q vs. Fabric on the GL plus bigger rims on the Q I think

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    At least based on what we’ve seen, the GL is essentially the same as the Q variant. Leather seats, power driver seats, power side and rear doors, Q variant mags. As to why Toyota released some units sporting “GL” badges instead of “Q”, we have yet to also know. Guess is, as some units arrived in the Phils, possibly some receiving owners preferred to no longer replace the original “GL” badge for the “Q” badge, locally marketed by Toyota Phils.
    To note, also seen some “Q” variants, but without either the “Q” or the “GL” badge.

Now the standard variant, which did not have the “Q” or “GL” badge, has different type mags, fabric seats, and no power side and rear doors.