New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gurus,

OK ba yun Prado 3.0 Turbo Diesel?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks....

I am thinking of gasoline sana kaso wala pala available dito.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Get that Diesel engine..!! Masmatipid at masmalakas un. Di ka magsisisi.
    Last edited by kiper; August 2nd, 2004 at 01:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok yan... the 1KZ-TE is an older-tech engine that uses prechamber injection; it should be more quiet and smoother than the direct injection ones at the expense of peak power and torque

upside is that it's not as sensitive as the new-tech engines and is easier to repair and maintain

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks... Gusto ko kasi ma-test drive yun diesel pero wala raw available.

Yun Gas kasi I have tried na pero no warranty siya due to being bought on the graymarket.

Is the diesel engine silent?

Sir Kiper, malakas ba sa acceleration?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chamber-type diesel engines are more silent than comparable direct injection models.

Ok naman ang 3.0 Prado. I think it makes 125 bhp. A Trooper makes 160 bhp and the new Pajero pumps out 177. Test drive one first to feel if it lacks the power you want.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ung Nissan Patrol 3.0 Diesel masmabilis pa kaysa sa escape ko..Ayos yang Prado!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think prado is 136HP. Lakas pala ng pajero? Pero due to the many issues ng mitsubishi lately and yun shaky management ng mitsu japan, nakakatakot baka magsara kasi.

Wow, lakas pala ng patrol? Mas mabilis pa sa escape? is it 2.0? I'm impressed.

Kasi with our gen 2.5 medyo nababagalan ako sa both acceleration and top speed.

TY

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang bagal ng patrol ha hehehehe, baka mas malakas lang yung pakiramdam kasi diesel

lancelot,

mahina pa yung pajero, you should see the output of the BMW 3.0L i-6 turbodiesel

Prado 2004