New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    magtatanong lang po kung pareho lang ba ang pag crimp ng hose steering at sa hose ng aircon? kasi po may leak na steering hose ko, plano ko iDIY, ang gusto ko po sana bibili na lang ako ng steering hose tapos ipacrimp ko sa mga gumagawa ng aircon. gusto ko sana malaman kung pareho lang?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Parehas lang po. Nasa barbs yan ng fitting at ang ferrule parehas din. Most aircon hoses are designed with 500 psig bursting capability. The power steering pump relief valve opens about 150 psig

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pasingit rin guys... We have a leaking power steering hose that needs to be replaced. Most shops still need to bring it somewhere to get it fabricated. May marrecommend ba kayong shops na pwede na kaya na gawin ung labor + fabrication at the same place? Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    *devond

Unless you're an experienced mechanic, I think its best if you let a professional do the hose replacement. AFAIK the pressure of the fluid that goes around inside the power steering is high. Besides its messy.

*kotiko

Your location? Fyi there is a shop that do both. Its along amang rodriguez, santolan pasig (almost) near south supermarket. Sorry i cant remember the name of the shop. I had my power hose replaced. it cost me 1500 (hose, labor and fluid). Btw the fluid i purchased myself

Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
    *kotiko

Your location? Fyi there is a shop that do both. Its along amang rodriguez, santolan pasig (almost) near south supermarket. Sorry i cant remember the name of the shop. I had my power hose replaced. it cost me 1500 (hose, labor and fluid). Btw the fluid i purchased myself

Cheers!
    Wow that's great, that area is accessible to me. Coming from the direction of Manggahan/Ortigas Ave, is it on the left or right side? Is it a shop that specializes on hoses itself or more of an automotive service shop?

Thanks!!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Wow that's great, that area is accessible to me. Coming from the direction of Manggahan/Ortigas Ave, is it on the left or right side? Is it a shop that specializes on hoses itself or more of an automotive service shop?

Thanks!!!
    It's on the left side. Nearest landmark is KIA AUTO SHOP. You would probably see a big sign that says "POWER STEERING HOSE"....something like that. Sorry again, I happen to passed by that area to pick up my kids from school and I forgot to check.
    AFAIK the shop only specializes on hoses.

When you get there, tell them your problem, and they will inspect and quote you the cost. Buy your own power steering fluid.

Cheers!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks again Izzie, will see if i can drop by one of these days.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    naayos na po yung powersteering hose ko, nasa 700 po nagastos, maraming salamat po sa mga reply.