New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    A gasoline boy accidentally hit the side mirror of my vios so it folded half way. My concern is that it is automatically foldable (power rear view mirror ang sabi sa manual). Nothing is broken or scratched and it folds automatically same as before.

I am just wondering if these automatic side mirrors (power rear view mirrors as stated in the manual) can be folded manually without causing any damage to the motorized components of the mirror? Or, my side mirror have already been damaged by that accident?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What?

Rear view mirror yung nasa loob ng sasakyan, right.

May power ba na ganyan. Lol.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    What?

Rear view mirror yung nasa loob ng sasakyan, right.

May power ba na ganyan. Lol.
    Well, yan din ang alam ko but the manual calls it "power rear view mirror". That is why I had to edit my post to make more sense. Anyway, can we call them "power side mirrors"?

May point din naman kung tatawagin nating rear view. Rear pa rin naman ang tinitingnan natin kapag ginagamit natin.
    Alam mo naman dito sa pinas, we have our own ways of naming things. For example, what they call "wind deflector" we call "gutter".

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    They also call them "outside rear view mirrors".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GBStJames View Post
    A gasoline boy accidentally hit the side mirror of my vios so it folded half way. My concern is that it is automatically foldable (power rear view mirror ang sabi sa manual). Nothing is broken or scratched and it folds automatically same as before.

I am just wondering if these automatic side mirrors (power rear view mirrors as stated in the manual) can be folded manually without causing any damage to the motorized components of the mirror? Or, my side mirror have already been damaged by that accident?
    Those things are designed to give way upon impact and most survive with no permanent damage. My brother's Nissan had that and even after accidental foldings and minor impacts, ok pa din. The car is a 2001 model.

Minsan nasisira siya when hit king lumang car na and malutong na plastics

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GBStJames View Post

The power folding side view mirrors will survive years of manually folding them without problem. Don't worry too much about them.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The power folding side view mirrors will survive years of manually folding them without problem. Don't worry too much about them.
    Up ko LNG

Ask ko Lang kasi ang Sabin Nio po is folding, noob question what if unfold? Accidentally kasi na unfold yung isang side mirror ng vios namin

Or by saying folding you mean fold and unfold??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ung nga sa captiva eh, ung side mirrors nun pwede fold both ways inside and outside without problems.

power rear view mirror